Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sunday night

We did not get many pictures lately. We've been living life rather than filming.
Yesterday was a leadership meeting at the Big church of Cornerstone. The men leaders all came and many of their wives. the men were in the big church and the women met in the school. anita and medine went to speak to the women and the men called me out to speak to them. I was honored. you talk to men differently. they are the leaders. I am a woman. I definitely start out humbly. but you know me. I can be a hard hitter. i spoke about leading in the home, church, and community. about humility and repentance. living for Jesus and putting him first. Then Boniface came and preached. I sure enjoyed him. I don't get to see him much anymore. i saw him so much on that first visit with Ed when we had a series of meetings in the big church during conference. but on subsequent visits, I have not seen him much. on my second visit when I was at his church, i got sick. that was my first sickness. then I was sick last trip. i have not been sick this time with stomach problems, praise the Lord!
I have learned some luhya. merebe is greetings and orenomino is thank you very much to one preson murrenomino is thank you very much to a group. i have not really learned any new swahili but I can use and understand those words I do know.
steve found some land for TGD services. it is amazing. it maybe 1/2 an acre and beautiful. prime land. near the provincial government offices and next door to the district commissioners residential home. it is between 2 cell towers and electrical line in front of the property. it has sewage lines and water lines on the property. and it is so pretty! it is next to a golf course, too. far enough away --probably no balls in the windows.
we bought bicycles for the pastors and bibles.
i bought medicine for 3 orphans. i am pushing steve for the orphan house and my house. there is land right there near the church.
the hospital may be a money maker. thanks to all who have donated to the TGD general fund. God bless you for building this amazing building that is bringing hope and life into the community. it is changing the economic scenery.
also, steve is going to check into reselling computers. they have an outrageous markup here.
I'm going to let doug get on my computer....

No comments: