Monday, June 05, 2006

Dentist today---oh joy


Okay, I want to be thankful that I can get my teeth worked on. I hate the dentist. I am extremo pain freak and can't stand choking on my spit when they lay my head way back and want my mouth open for 30 minutes!
Today I had to get floss cavities filled. The space between my two front teeth and the space between a front tooth and one on my right both needed a little touch up. And really, I have been flossing the front of my teeth (at least more than the back) but the hygenist said, "If you are only going to do one..." (meaning floss or brush), "...then floss." and I always think of the one....."Only floss the teeth you want to keep." So I have worried so much about other things, the flossing doesn't happen much, but all it takes is one filling and I am back in the saddle. More flossing coming right up!
My youngest also had to get some teeth worked on. Our last dentist was too rough and so when she complained that her tooth was not properly filled as it was now way way sensitive to air and such---I just decided to take her back to our old dentist with me. His smooth talking voice and cowards service are great. Even though I get the gas, I have to get it low, otherwise I enter through a portal to some other land and it kind of freaks me out. But today I didn't take my allergy meds so my heart wouldn't beat off the scale, yet my nose was so stuffy that I couldn't breathe through my nose to get the gas in. Besides, I hold my breath and tense my shoulders up to my ears. I keep telling myself RELAX RIGHT NOW DANG GUM IT! but I only listen for a moment.
I did have my son's RIO which is an MP3 player he gave me and I had it up loud as I could to drown out the sensations. I still felt the first shot prick OUCH it was sharp! He is usually the best at that. AND then the girl didn't suction out my slober, which is always in overdrive naturally. One of my dentists once said (when I was pregnant with S), "Gosh, I shouldn't even ask this, but do you go to the bathroom all the time?" because he was so shocked at how much my mouth watered. The assistant was like, "Oh my .....I can't believe you ask that!" and he was all sheepish...."I know, but MAN, look at how much her mouth waters!" They gave me drying mouth pills after that.

and this dentist has given them to me also, if it is a back tooth. He wanted to work on a back tooth, but I said leave it. He always wants to add a little work here or there, one of the reasons I changed---that and he stopped offering the corporate rate to Mr.'s company. I changed dentists but cannot find one comparable. And every visit is such a nightmare for me, well, I guess I'll just pay more for out of network care. That's just the world we live in. You have to pay for anything extra you want. I guess that is fair.

Now I am going to take L to the place to see her preserved flower, the one B gave her on Valentine's Day. It will likely be a sad moment for her, I hate that. She's doing so good. It is not a constant daily topic now, more like every other day or less. This should start some up, but that is part of the healing process. He was such a neat young man. I wish he were here.

Okay, my blog is not certain to post, my connection is suffering. Time to ride off.... Talley ho

No comments: