Monday, June 26, 2006

This is the Day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it


The Bible says, "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" and so I tell myself to be glad, because life is good. Yet the mood is a struggle. It is not yet 10am and my two girls are having a hard time.
The oldest has to get her SAT scores to the community college by 12 noon or she won't get any credit for classes. It is a foolish administrative error. She was trying to take calculus and then had to take a placement test which said she had to take a prerequisite course BEFORE she took that one. She decided not to take that one. It popped up that she had to register for that by a certain date or she is OUT. So, with that flag perhaps somehow someone is saying she hasn't taken her SAT either, but she is a student at Baylor, of COURSE she took her SAT. And you cannot get official SAT records in a day. So she is going up to talk to them, I pray the Lord sends her with His Favor!

The youngest is going to get her senior portraits. I talked to her about it last night. She was not listening. She didn't even remember any of it this morning. She got up late and she doesn't have any extra clothing outfits she wants to take her photo in. She didn't know where it was, although I told her it was by our old church, so she'd need to leave about 9am to get there at 10am, I was thinking of traffic in the morning----but it might be okay. She left at 9:40. She was in a bad mood and didn't want to listen to me. I asked her to register for the IPOD drawing that she is elgible for since I made her a studio appt. She says, "I don't want an IPOD!" and I said, "But I DO!" but I bet she'll want one for Christmas! She uses L's which won't be here when she goes back to school.

So I sent her off with money, keys, directions, instructions. She had shorts on and tennis shoes. Whatever! I told her make another appt because she gets a another sitting and I want her hair more fluffy instead of the straightened way she likes it most. She can bring more clothes then. She does not plan ahead.
I have to remind myself that I did not either when I was her age.

I went to the golf range last night and practiced my swing. Oh it was funny. I actually did get a few good ones, but I probably hit 50 balls and got about 10 that were good. Bad stats! I had tremendous difficulty getting the ball into the air. Mr and K were great. They sliced it off a lot but they would WIZ through the air, go so high and so far, wow! Mine when to the first and second flag ONLY. Many of them went about 20 feet in front or at angles from me! I have to correct myself from holding the club like a bat. It is a VERY different motion. We are all baseball players. I love baseball/softball, but golf is not the same at all. But it is so similar that the brain wants to use those skills. I could hit the ball really good even as a shrimp of a kid on Casa Loma Ct. Smallest kid, but one of the better hitters! That was fun. I'm not too good at this, though. I remind myself, I am just a beginner.

Another one of my friends may not be able to go to my party, boo hoo! That makes two. Another friend, a newer friend, found out about it accidently, and I mentioned that it was for friends who had been with me through college. She may get to go after all! I have a minimum of ten and so I may need to invite one more. It would be great to have her. I have several friends I considered inviting, but when I spread the net wide, it encompasses too many! And the cost is high. I have ordered some gifts for the women, so I cannot indiscriminately add people. It was a tough decision.

I'm working on a garage sale. Again, it is 10am and I am not ready for the day. I spent some wasted time looking for fake designer purses. I want some of them but cannot stand the cost! Over 300 dollars for purses!! Some purses are even more. Seems ridiculous. It is not as if you can live in your purse or drive it. It just carries stuff. But they are so pretty! I like coach, chanel, and a couple of marc jacobs, juicy, or kate spade. I like some prada, gucci, and fendi,but I do not like them just for the name. I like the name when it is paired with a great purse.
I bought a low price fossil purse from the outlet (brown leather big giant hobo) and one of their names that is not known, Relic. It is CUTE! It's a casual canvas purse. I really like it.

But back to the garage sale. J's children are helping me. I have to get them to come over. I have the weights out of the garage. We need to put a table in there and some clothes racks (I have three things you do laundry on, one for here, one for me north, one for L at college). I have some pricing stickers and tons of books and clothes. I have to put a notice in the paper and get out some signs. I'm just doing it friday from 8 to 11am. I hate to be bothered! But I will see if it works at all. Then I will likely do another one before I leave, after I've learned a few things. Oh man, I have to get cash!

I found a Chinese tea room, Formosa Tea Room and it is in Pflugerville. Cool. Hope to go there. I had such a headache the other day and Mr made me some green tea and I felt better. I realized that some of it is that the house is so cold that I am chilled and the cold air blows on my head, so it is time for sweatshirts and hats and I checked the AC and turned the temperature up! It was at 73---too cold for me.

That's all for now. But I am never finished.

No comments: