Thursday, June 15, 2006

Furniture


Okay, so we've decided that I will take this giant exec desk! Now I was just about to take a 37 dollar Office Depot folding table like the one I stuck in my bedroom to write my Capstone paper last summer. It was so great to be able to spread all the books out all over in front of me as I was working---with reference books, my publication manual, and various books I was citing all open and accessible.
Since I am already taking the armoire and the file cabinet (which is that night stand looking piece in that left corner to the right of the bookshelves), there will not be an office now, so there is no point in leaving the desk.

The desk will take up too much room in that little apartment, but we don't want to sell it yet, so I might as well take it. That way, if we downsize, as we plan to do when I get out of school, then we can see what we want to keep and what we don't. I am also taking the formal table, but leaving two chairs and two leaves here---so we'll still have it for the future, but since we aren't using it here much, it will go to good use.

That way we free up two full rooms in the big house. With K, L, and S home and my mom (G) moving in, Mr (my hubby) will be able to bring the weights inside. I cannot remember how we plan to use the other room.

Upstairs, we have five bedrooms, two full baths and a landing area. We have the office in the landing right now. We had a separate TV room in what was Nana's room, but now it is storage for L's stuff to go to Baylor again and my stuff to go north. K has his stuff just sitting in the landing and L also has stuff in the guest room--where my mom will sleep. Then she can also use Nana's room as a sewing and TV room. We have a couch in there that I want to sell, but she may want it to lay and watch TV.

All that is boring and is just me thinking outloud.

On a different note, I found some silk peonies at Hallmark! They were marked half off! I bought a big bunch of them and it still only cost 30! They are adorable and I put them in a cheap vase I bought at Dillards for 19. It is white (of course, only white or clear will do most times) and it is shaped sort of like a standing fish. It is as if the potter scraped out little pieces of the clay along the front and back so that it even resembles scales. The shape does not look like a real fish at all, but more like the christian fish that is now a car decoration, except without the tail fin and it is standing on the tail with the two ends of the oval (top and bottom) sliced off for a base and an opening.

I love it!

I have three other tall vases with white flowers. Two are clear. One has about 25 roses in it and is about three feet tall, like a clear hurricane glass or goblet. One is clear glass, round cylindar and tall with about five calylilies. One is a tall white cylinder with only three white ......hydrangeas?.....with a bunch of tall grasses with it. I love these! I don't know which I'll keep here and which I'll take with me.

Vacation is interesting.

I think mine started on Sunday, although I was recovering from writing stress. So on Monday, my life of liesure began.
I've seen a couple of friends numerous times already. I had J come on Monday with her 7 kids and swim. We had a great time!
Tuesday I went with J and D to Bath and Body Works to pick a gift for D2. We decided on a gift card with a little rubber duck ($2) and wrapped it up with tissue and curly ribbons. We also went looking at Marshalls and I bought some white towels that were gorgeous.
Wednesday, we ate a Olive Garden then went over to BBW to pick out her gift. We had fun perusing everything again. The Starbucks. Then I stayed out in blistering heat talking with D.
Later, I went to church with D and D2 was there with much of her family as well. D2 has 9 kids, D has 7 and J has 7. I have the minimalist 3.

Today, D and J are coming with their children. D's children are older so she'll only bring the younger ones. .....maybe 3 or 4----possibly even 2. But J brings them all, all her children are friends with me. I've invited D2 to come, but she has to pick up one child at 5 and the time is 3 to 5.

So I bought cookies and Kool Aid, I have grapes and strawberries. I'll fix them up for this afternoon and bring out all the beach towels.

We are going to celebrate J's birthday soon. On Tuesday the 28th we will go to Salado (I'm driving) and we'll have lunch at a little tea place. I have to think of a good gift for her. She probably would want a gift card and not fancy wrapping.

OH weight watchers is not going well for me. But today I will try to remember to DRINK MY WATERS. In this heat, I cannot believe I have been forgetting them! And I go chug some milk instead (yum).

I made some chicken in the pot with taco seasoning and it goes in tortillas nicely with fat free sour cream, a little shreded cheese and loads of lettuce and tomoatoes, YUM AGAIN! and I'm drinking a lot of unsweet tea. I wanted to get off the caffeine, but I am TOO SLUGGISH.

My BP was 115/81 yesterday, man, that is low low low for me! I was up to 160! But the lower number still needs to go lower. My normal BP was always 135/70. I imagine if I lost weight that bottom number could go down a bit more. So I don't have to take any BP meds, hooray! but I have to keep track of it because it might go up unexpectedly or something.

So the low salt is easier to stick to than low sugar! I cannot get off the sugar. Since I added the sugar back, no headaches.

Okay, enough rambling! But see? I'm just sitting here in my leisure and can do what I want.

Of course, I am waiting to hear what my prof says about that paper! She was comparing my new paper to her original paper comments.
WELL! Good thing I did NOT go with my plan of just rewriting it period! But several times she suggested (about three) that I recalculate some stats and I can't do it because I don't have the stat software.
OH MAN, it just occurred to me that I DO have it on a usb stick and I could go up to the school computers, which have it, and open it up on there, and it will be usable. I can suggest that if she comes back with strong emphasis on the recalculations. But I doubt it. Like one was just where she wanted me to see if an outlier was the cause of the high number, as I suggested. I could take out that one piece of info and rerun it and compare the new results. I may do that.

oh oh oh I said enough rambling, so I'll stop here (except to add that Laura just took an exam with an old ACC prof of mine and she came home and said, "Oh my gosh, you were right about that test!" ...............ahhh the wisdom of experience!)

No comments: