Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wednesday

My youngest was filing out her first application for a job to Old Navy. She hit "yes" on have you ever been convicted and it booted her out. We tried numerous ways to get back to that and change it, to no avail. Now they are taking the character test, and so I let Laura sit by her and tell her what to say. Just better that way. Good gracious. Why would they want to hire a criminal?
It's going to boot her application out and no one will ever see it! I wish we had PEOPLE working the employment area!
One question.....if you got something free out of the vending machine, would you put money in the machine? I said say no. Who would do that? I'm very honest about that kind of thing, but putting money in the machine would just make ANOTHER item come out free. That doesn't matter. Clearly someone already paid for it. Take your candy and thank the Lord and eat it or give it away.

We got our apartment! It is a B-5 on the third floor in the D building. Just what I prayed for. Out of 200+ apartments, there were only 6 that fit this catagory, and I got one of those! Hurray! Hooray! BOTH OF THOSE YEAH!
So now I know that I CAN fit a 5 ft long table into my bedroom and keep my office in there. So I can get a small table for the dining to take up less room. I'm taking my couch and chairs from here. I was going to take a maroon chair only. I ordered the upholstry for it when we moved in this house, but I don't like it anymore. Now I want to use my favorite taupe chairs and the ottoman that goes with them. I can study in those, so it will work. I'm taking Mr.'s computer armoire (he doesn't even use it now) and his double file (we use that but he offered it). I'm taking my guest bed, queen.
It blows my mind how much stuff a person needs! Of course, I went without most of this stuff when I was young.
Let's see. We did buy a table (from a rent to own! horrors!), Nell bought us a used couch. I was thankful for anything to sit on. Nell also bought us a used mattress. How gross when you think of it. And we used it for over 10 years!
I used my childhood bedroom furniture and got some stuff out of our storage. I had our old chairs and a bookshelf with cabinet doors on the bottom. We got this old table somewhere, which I used as K's changing table. I borrowed a crib. I bought a diaper pail.
We did not have much.

Now I have this house full of furniture, but it is all aging. Having teens does not help. I am honestly the only one in my family who is careful with food. I used to avoid eating out of the kitchen and wouldn't let anyone bring food. Mr is so bad about it, I cannot even reprimand my teenagers anymore. I've given up and they know it and it is so frustrating! So yeah, when I go in the TV room and S is sitting there with a whole pizza and a knife and fork---I send her back into the kitchen. When they've got open cups with drinks in them, I send them back in. When you go in there, you find cups and plates---I just hate it!

But of course, my own room is messy. Not with food, but the floor needs a vacuum. There are just things everywhere. I picked up some yesterday. Considering how little I have to do right now, I would think I could keep it clean. It doesn't bode well for the north apartment! But that will be easy to clean, but probably cluttered as well. I like to leave things out so I won't forget them and will attend them. AND when I go looking for shoes or a purse or something, I'll just leave them out when I switch.

ahhh. The house is quiet! L and S just left to get L an oil change. The place is far away, so I have some time. Should I nap or look at my paper? Hmmmnn.

No comments: