Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Love


I had a good week. I've done a lot but then NOT done a lot! :-)
I've had time to enjoy my family and friends. I've got the ball rolling on the party and I'm so happy about it.

I've quit weight watchers. I obviously have problems with impulse control! Managing the minute really got me down on myself and I am not sure how I'll change that exactly, except that the principles are so good---I know I want to incorporate the principles of 5 fruits and veges and 6 waters a day (which reminds me!).
Smaller portions of meat and less refined. foods. I have to stay off of the salty foods. I didn't do so good for a day or two and my fingers were swollen because my rings were tight whereas they had been slipping all around.

I'm taking my first golf lesson tonight and I'm so excited! We watched a Golf for Dummies video and have the book and we've gotten some clubs. I am using kids clubs, which is hilarious, but I am so short. If we get to really playing often, then I will look into getting fitted for the right set, which supposedly is extremely important, but I have to like walking around the green first. I think the experience of walking around needs to be fun whether or not I am able to hit the ball well. But I am taking lessons to get that part down right before we embark on our adventure.

I went to start some testing for K to see if he has ADD. I do not think he does and we will see. He's got a great IQ. Supposedly it has to be over 130 to be gifted and talented. I think mine is 130 according to my ACT and GRE. I'd like to know how I tested when I was 7 years old in California. They had a fantastic gifted program that was fun fun fun. School was fairly boring but the gifted school we went to was a blast. Very many happy memories of learning there. It was very exploratory, very progressive.

Anyway, I do not think K has ADD, but he thinks his problems are like his sisters. Now that we've got her diagnosed, I am thinking "WHOA!" ....why didn't we figure this out before. Mostly because I figured I was so fidgety and she is so fidgety and I do not have ADD and she doesn't either. But I might have SOMETHING....just not that.

This new place, www.peakinstitute.com , measures your brains electricty. But IT IS SO EXPENSIVE!! I'm going to see if insurance will cover ANYTHING because the test alone is 1700, but dang, I wish we could give it to each member of our family. For another 5000 or something, they can train your brain---or you retrain it and retain that ability. They say it can add 19-25 points to your IQ----WOW! Super fun! But, oh well, not a good time! We are trying to send L to college and me to college and me and L both have apartments and I need another car. I'm probably going to get another car for up there, so that Mr drives mine and S drives the Sequoia---which I will share with her when I come home---or with Mr. Either way, there will be car sharing whenever I am home, which I hope is very frequent!

Learning cool stuff about the brain today was fun! She had a big brain model, much bigger than mine. She had a luxurious office, seriously. Great furniture, I was wanting to make mental notes about it, but had too much going on. Filling out all those family history surveys. Trying to remember all the way back when K was a baby. When did he crawl? Walk? talk? full sentences?
run? throw a ball? ride a tricycle? I can remember some of that, but it sure was a long time ago. And I was such a kid myself! But he was such a very fun and sweet baby, extremely good and enjoyable. I sure did not think mothering was hard. Then along came L---just a barrel of laughs! Ha ha! Poor little baby, though, she was born early so she was a bit fussy. She talked at ....shoot, I've forgotten! I know she walked at 11 1/2 mos, and s walked at 10 1/2 mos. My neighbors son, across the street then, he walked at 9 1/2 mos and beat S, but I can't remember when L's first word was, something like 9 months, and it was "pretty". Shoot, K & S were doing good to say mama. L said mama really early and dada and baba. She was saying "fushia" when she was 3 or 4 and "comfortable". We have her on tape practicing that with her daddy, getting him to help her say "comfortable" and she's holding his face and staring intently trying to learn to pronounce it like him. SO CUTE!

So I don't think I have ADD, but my friend thinks I do---especially the way I change the subject and stuff and fly all around on topics. He he, sure do!
But I don't think it is ADD, but something else. If I could brain map, maybe we'd figure it out. Because I bet I could sit and take that ADD test where you click when you see a flashing light and I know I could ace that. I am patient when I am being tested. I have very good testing skills. I calm right down and focus. That can hardly be ADD. And I also read very well and have excellent reading comprehension.

Like K, I used to have the worst time if I was not stimulated by the material. I would drone off. and he does too. I don't think that is ADD.

Oh man, just thinking about this makes me tired, ha ha ha ....so I will lay down and take a nap. Man, this is the good life! Not too boring, since I know I have loads of work ahead (and I am eager to have the fun of learning new stuff). But not stressful. The children are not too bad and I am so enjoying Mr while I get to see him and touch him right here by me==---makes me appreciate him SO MUCH!! Dang, I will miss him. I cannot imagine. (so I won't think of it now because I am home and can be here).

tired tired tired......zzzzzzz

No comments: