Monday, November 27, 2006

FLU SHOT!!


I GOT MINE!!!

I went and got a flu shot at the grocery store. $28 yikes! But I am on the plane all the time and here with all these different people coming from different places and Mr flying around the world and such. I suppose it is better to be covered.

It is my first year to get it. I've never had the flu. I hear it is horrid, though, so I'd rather not risk it. I'll get it for how ever many years I spend here. Then we'll see.

I've had so many shots in the last couple years, geesh.
I got the MMR recently for school. That was a live virus and OH it stung. OUCHIE.


On another note, I realized that when I walk, I do not push off enough. I spend energy on the bounce UP, but do not propel myself forward, instead...I sort of switch legs. I'm going to work on that. More PUSH when I am switching to the other foot, so that instead of bouncing up, I will PUSH forward and extend the length of my gait.

Around here, people walk so FAST (and they talk fast too, but I like that one).
Today, a small man, shorter than me, whizzed past me when I was going as fast as I can. Not that this is unusual. When I am walking to school, even at my fastest pace, inevitably someone passes me. I'm used to it. I couldn't figure out exactly what they might be doing, but now I think it is that push. I'll letcha know.

Today I was worried about my feet. At REI (while home), I bought some silk liners and (today) wore double layers of socks to reduce friction like hikers. My feet are soft when I get here because I have that nice whirlpool bath at home. Often I don't even use that whirlpool feature at all, but it is an awesome soaking tub. Well, that gets all the dead skin off the ole heels, but I NEED that tough skin up here. So.....

I promised myself I'd wear my ecco comfort shoes for the next four days and wear the silk liners with another pair of socks over them to give my feet a chance to toughen up. It worked today anyway---NO blisters today. The last two times I went back home, I returned here and suffered (which is fine) but I am getting wiser.

I also am much more comfortable and at ease, in general. I knew my way around the airport this time and understood where I was parked and how to get there. I had my mental map working, just like at home. Makes life much easier. I was more calm today in my econ class too. I did econ reading on the plane trip home (yes, while on dramamine, but better than nothing) and I just sat and absorbed all I could in class.
I was late getting there because I just resist going. But I went. One foot in front of the other, one at a time. I went. and time passed and I was OUT! Now I just have one more week until the final exam. I have to write a 10 page paper analyzing a program from an economist's view. But in one week, that will all be over. On Tuesday, I take the exam at 9am and I am done.

Before that, I have to give a presentation tomorrow. I've already turned in the paper and powerpoint and tonight I'll finish practicing. Then Wednesday I think there is a discussion for Stats, then I'll do another presentation (my Chinese research) for a cultural workgroup, then Wednesday PM classmates are doing an econ study session. Thursday I study with a 3rd year grad for econ and then pick Mr up at the airport in the evening. Then Friday is a econ session with the professor and the class. I'll spend the weekend writing the paper. Then turn in the stats LONG LONG final take home exam on Monday along with my econ analysis paper. Then Tuesday I take that econ final and I AM HEADED HOME!!!!!

Very excited.
I loved going home for Thanksgiving. It was great.
The weather was so great! It was about 75 degrees in the day and 50 at night. We had the windows open. Sunny every day. Crazy.

I took my girls shopping (they love that) and I went with Mom and her friends (em and ol) to the thanksgiving parade (oh that was so cute! I'll add some pics on here ---they are on my baby S's computer at home and I've got to load them up on Kodak to get them).

My kitty did great while I was gone. Litter was decent and there was still plenty of food and water. She was happy to see me. Purr purr purr and meow.

Oh, I've got to go do work. Horrors. It can be very fun up here, but really, it is so hard without mr. I love him and miss him and he's just good to have around. We drive each other crazy but we wouldn't have it any other way. We're pretty used to each others idiosyncrasies.

Ta-ta, that's all for now, darling! Love to all!
(and I sure loved my baby's S's fantastic decorated sugar cookies! Yum!)

No comments: