Wednesday, November 15, 2006

More of the Same


Today I had a library learning session. It was great. I was going to go to a church here with a participant in the study I'm helping with....but now I'm going to need to work on pulling articles for my Tuesday presentation (and 30 page paper) on myadvisor and the historical path of his research interests.

It's cold here. (more of the same)
It's about 34 degrees right now and the wind gusts to 24mph according to weather.com. I went to school today in some new Bare Traps boots. Brown suede ruched in the back with furry tops mid-calf and very flat sole with a nice rubber bottom. Comfy. They zipped up the back and had two little pom poms each dangling from a rope. I thought it was cute.
I wore regular jeans and a brown silk 3/4 sleeve v-neck sweater with my fushia down jacket (with removable sleeves so that it is a .........whatever that is called --vest isn't the word I was looking for). I wore gold/brown dangling earrings (but short dangle, nothing tacky, maybe just over an inch total), gold watch (from India), and two gold rings (one from Mr on my 19th birthday and the other trigold from my mom) well, and my wedding ring, of course. I had my fossil purse brown with designs---it is so cute! I got it at the outlet. And then my creme ann taylor cashmere scarf. I didn't wear gloves or hat because I didn't have any to match that nice scarf (I didn't know last Christmas that I would be here needing them!).

I say all that because L complimented me today. She said, "For someone who is new here, you sure do winter nice!" She loved my boots, coat, scarf---she taught me how to tie the scarf in the local way the other day. You fold it in half and hold the two new ends and then put the scarf behind your neck. You pull them both to the front of your face and you loop the two loose ends through the one loop and pull it tight up to your neck. I saw it on a manniquin but didn't know how to make it. I'd never seen it before in Texas. THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT ISN'T THERE!
I am low on fashion savvy and just try to keep up a little here and there. Scarves have not been my thing. It is usually too hot to wear them in Texas, although many people wore them anyway as fashion items-----but it is rarely really cold. Maybe about 14 to 21 days a year!

I found out I had econ homework. OH MAN. I was wondering how come he was being so nice as to give us a week off. I don't know HOW I'm going to complete the special paper for him. Geesh. I wanted to do a thoughtful analysis, but my cognition just will NOT ramp up! Well, actually.....did I mention that I noticed some thoughts occurring while I was reading last weekend???? Very hopeful, yes. Very hopeful.

Blessings to all! My love to everyone! I miss friends and family!

No comments: