Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!


Ok. Spent the day with these guys. and my mom!

The weather here? Perfect. We slept with the windows open. Very California. 50 degrees at night and 75-80 in the day. Ahhh. Lots of sun. But actually, we get a lot of sun up North, too.

I came home Tuesday night. I was so tired! I barely made it to the airport in time. That afternoon, I was fatigued and asked mr to call me in one hour so I had time to nap and then get ready for the airport. He was so busy at work, that he forgot to call me! Which is my own fault, I should have set an alarm clock, but I was glad it happened that way. On the hectic frantic way to the airport, I was stuck on the tollway going 1 mph. I was so frustrated just sitting there and looking at the cars and trucks creeping along that praying wasn't much consolation. Mr said "Just park in the expensive lot, then" Good idea because even parking in that darned expensive lot (again---this time for five days!), I just barely made it to my gate 2 minutes before boarding. I hadn't even caught my breath yet (I was doing the O.J. through the airport). I even had to stop and buy water to take my dramamine. I had not brought any to the airport because they just take it away ----but then I didn't take the medicine in time. We ended up being delayed on the runway as we waited for the other planes, and so by the time we headed up into the air--I was covered! Hooray! Because it is a rough and sickening flight when I haven't taken dramamine, it has worn off or if it has not taken effect yet.

Ok ok. That's boring. and maybe you haven't been to the blog lately! I am so boring, I know! How to think of something interesting!?!? Constant dilemma. You know, it is ALL interesting to me!

Did I mention I went to dinner at my professor's house? His post-doc came with his family. Wife and two children ages 8 and 2. Oh they were so cute and fun. and she had another on the way. Did I mention the cello? Professor's wife, who is a federal judge, plays the cello. Or is learning anyway. I told Mr and he said, "I WANT A CELLO!" in a loud whiney voice (I loved it!) Yes, I agreed. We NEED a cello. Really! They are too cool!
but they had football on and the TV going at one point. HORRORS! It is everywhere.

I'm pretty sure I wrote about that, so scroll through.

L came with her new man of 2+ months and they are very close. It looks long term to me. You never know. But L was so picky and wouldn't go out with anyone for 6 months after she lost B, so ......she would only consider the best. And she wrote out a list and told God she wouldn't date again unless he fit a list .....because the last one fit a list I had her create when I told her to be careful who she dates at this age because she may want to marry him! Better choose wisely!
She upped the standards after she lost B and this fellow fits the list.

K is still working at the store while he waits to hear about the big job. The big job was supposed to come NOW. So it is getting scary. The rec is supposed to open now and so we hope he gets a call soon.

I'm supposed to do my economics, but it is soooooo hard to look at. It is so nice here, everythign familiar. Hooray! and my family (even when they drive me crazy, they are so cute!) and so much yuckiness---dog peed on the couch and my bed. Cat peed on the bathroom rug. I got a new rug--but the couch? We washed the cushions and the covers. He is SO LUCKY WE LIKE ANIMALS BECAUSE I WANT TO SHOOT HIM, but I restrain myself, of course. and he is so cute. and my kids would hate me, but you know, sometimes we have these terrible impulses.
(forgive us!)

I miss my friends but it is too complicated to see them in such a brief time. But over the holdiays I have to come up with SOMETHING. My man is so so so NOT social. UHG. But he has many other good qualities.
It is so good to be here, so good. Man, I am thankful. Thank you God! I bless and praise YOU!

No comments: