Wednesday, November 01, 2006

right now

Okay, weather.com says it is "31 degrees. Feels like 24".
Tomorrow? It will be a high of 38 and a low of 24. Bet it will FEEL LIKE 20!

I saw a bus shuttle sign near my apartments today and went over and looked.
It showed 3 different routes for my stop. A red one, a purple one---and a "Frostbite Express" for when it is 10 below.
Not below 10----but 10 below!

to top that off---I could not complete my stats. It was concepts I am familiar with, so I don't know why I couldn't do them. I'm going to get maybe a 50% on this one! I've already gotten 85% and even 75%! and this was the easier class.

I'm just going to quit! I'll make it through this year and quit!
I was thinking.....it would be nice if they would let me do research only and drop the classes. Since they are already paying me for a year--I could give them a little bang for the buck.

Everyone here will be so discouraged and hate me. and what if they won't bring on minorities? I was supposed to bring the colored women UP! and look how I've disgraced us.
I wanted to finish so that I could lead others here! and now I won't even make it!

I don't think I can handle the pressure. But I'll always be grateful to Mr for giving me the opportunity. Can you imagine if he had said no? I'd always be SURE that I could do it---worse, I might get so resentful that I left him (horrors) and came up here by myself thinking I was all that----but without his support----I'd have gone home that first month!

Except that common sense tells me not to jump ship yet, but I don't want to stay under this pressure. I don't want to always be doing poorly by comparison. I don't have the guts for it.

DON'T BUY STORE BRAND KITTY LITTER FROM JEWEL-OSCO!
Phew! or P-U!
I changed the kitty litter fresh, Lily went in to tinkle---and the rank stench! YIKES.
And I bought 14 pounds of it, to my regret.
I've been using Tidy Cat multiple cat clumping---which has done VERY well. Lily can use it for about five days!
I didn't realize it was so good.
(except that i've a long history with cat litter)

Well, I'll enjoy this year, anyway. Somehow.
and I'll try not to regret having tried.
It would be nice if I could get that social work job back in Texas.
It's working with mothers of babies under 36 months who are at risk for abandoning their babies or not having adaquate shelter.
I don't have experience with official casework. But I've already worked with this population.
I'll learn all I can here before I go and let my connections to these people inform me.

No comments: