Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nice Day Today

Today is a very pleasant 60 degrees. The sun is shining.
I'm surprised at how much sun there is here. I've got to go pick up my BP medication and I just don't feel like washing my hair! I overslept and miss the stats discussion. I never go anyway because there is the econ discussion at the same time....so I was looking forward to it.

but I came home late Monday night and got right up and went to school on Tuesday and it was just one thing after another! I didn't get home until 9:30pm. I did an interview at 6. We probably didn't actually start until 6:30 and were done about 8:45. We walked to the train station together and I walked home the rest of the way myself in the dark--yuk! I was going to take a taxi, but it costs money and I didn't want to spend it when we could go together.

I had a terrible headache after I got home. All the tension just let loose. I felt bone tired ---as my mother in law says (its a very good description of a certain kind of tiredness). So I slept in. I wanted to get my cortisol down. My doctor and my sister both said, "Cortisol" when I said I'd gained 8 pounds in 2 months. That is a TON!!! I gained 10 pounds in 6 months last year when I was tripping out about applying to grad school and taking beta blockers. Now I am tripping out here and on beta blockers again. Geesh.

It appears that school is bad for my health.

but it is so darn fun. We discuss fun and interesting things. I SO enjoy the novelty! and I love this little city, but I sure hate walking by myself outside.
I went to the clinic today to turn in my shot records. I had my old shot record from the WHO (thanks Dad!) which showed my measles immunization in sept 1966 (long time ago) and then I got a shot when I went back home---saved 40 something dollars because it costs 67 dollars here but I paid my 20 copay.

One story I keep telling everyone is that I can tell I'm overloaded because at 6am on Saturday, as I prepared to go to the airport to fly home, I was trying to add 125 plus 150 (I was thinking of the cost of the package they gave me to come here---25,000 a year for five years plus 30,000 per year for five years tuition remission). and I could not add 150 + 125 (275). I kept thinking.....375? wait...no.....250?.....wait......and as I brushed my teeth, I could not get my brain to work on that.

Clearly someone needs a break!

but I had a nice trip home. It was so good to see my little S. Mr was great, too, but he drove so fast on the way home from San Antonio (I couldn't get the flight into my own city) that I was getting super stressed. and I could not get him to get out of that mode! He gets so mad at other cars, he rides in their blind spots OR WORSE He will change lanes at a diagonal to someone's blindspot so that I panic that they don't know we are there and could move into us. He drove over 70mph and since I only drive about 30 around here---and don't really ever get faster than 55 even on the highways due to traffic......I felt like I was a zooming bullet racing through the atmosphere on a course to destruction!
Then I got home and my bedroom was freezing. The kind that gives me a headache and feels painful. and there was no milk, coke, or bottles of water, no allergy medicine......I was out of various supplies and my daughter S complained that she had been going without.
When I went to a restaurant, it was freezing inside.

So it is just the reverse of here. HERE it is hot inside and cold outside. HOME it is hot outside and cold inside. Made it seem that there is not much difference.

But OH how I loved all the familiar things. I knew where everything was. I could go here and there. I went to half price books and to academy to get magnifying ruler bookmarks and hunter hand warmers, respectively. I went to Pappadeaux's, China Buffet, and Chuy's YUM---not real good for the old BP or the obesity! I took my girls and my mom to the salon where I got a pedicure, girls got false nails and mom got her own manicure. We let the girls go on and mom and I chatted as our nails dried.

Now my computer is on some sideways orientation ---my laptop----(I'm working on the desktop so I can actually see what I'm writing without cocking my head to one side) and I'm hoping my K will have time to work on it. He's very sick with a bad cold and still working full time so I know he's tired.

My friend J will be going to Seattle soon and I know she'll have a blast! It will be great to escape the heat of our town because it was 85 today, Mr said. That is HOT! and she likes cool weather. She'd enjoy it here. Except how hot it is in buildings.

My sis has a new job and I hope that one works well for her. She says she was surprised that working 12 hour shifts was not hard on her legs! Wow! Must be God's grace. I can't imagine working on my feet for 12 hours.
I really wanted to be a nurse, but the 12 hour thing really puts me off. Now that I'm here doing crazy math stuff I hate, I think I'd do less well as a nurse. There's more math to do.

I'm off here. Please pray that I am able to do my stats. My mood just PITS when I begin working on that stuff. And my econ grade was HORRIBLE. Really bad. Not just distasteful.

No comments: