Wednesday, November 08, 2006

maybe i'll be a nurse

I always like to go on wild goose chases in my mind. It's exhausting sometimes for those who have to listen to me....but I liken myself to one of the Angry Beavers....Daggett. (not norbert the more stable one, but Daggett the adorable emotional one).
Daggett once had a show where he discussed his 10,000th life long dream of the day.

and of course, I immediately identified with Daggett and adopted him as my hero.

Teaching college would be what I've always wanted to do.....but as my whining on this blog attests....I'm not sure I can do this (without gaining 150 lbs and having a stroke.....or at the rate I am going.....240 pounds because 8 pounds every 2 months and there are 60 months in a five year phd program---so 30 x 8).

The NIH director came to speak at our school (or one of the NIH directors) and he had caboodles of degrees! I could tell the man loved academia.

Therefore, following in his footsteps, I could either (or both!) get a social worker associates and/or a nursing associates--whatever it is that our community college does. Then I would work with the populations I seek to help (pregnant women, teens, poor, sometimes someone who is all three). I want to teach parenting programs, get people to go to college, etc.

I like to entertain myself with options.
God isn't exactly saying anything, but the woman I interviewed yesterday had some VERY fantastic and explicit signs from God.
and I know I've had a few myself.
So I'm asking for one....it doesn't even have to be super stellar! Just clear to ME.

AND yes, Dad (and Steve) I will go talk to a counselor here. It's a good idea. I meant to do it today and I've just not gotten enough done. and here it is 2pm! and I haven't washed my hair. (jogged down to the health center to turn in those aformentioned immunizations with pony tail).

maybe I'll just go scrappy to the pharmacy. yeah, maybe so.

Peace out!

No comments: