Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Confirmation of Admission

I just have to tell myself Hooray! I received a letter from the graduate school today saying, " I am writing to find out if you are going to attend our event for admitted graduate students on Monday, Feb. 27" ...and I AM!
It is good to see the email. Yesterday I almost emailed the Director (he told me I could), but I don't want to seem pushy or anxious, so I want to SEEM composed and just talk when I get up there.
The problem with THAT is that I will likely spill out my emotions when I get there, but I shall try to keep them dampened down ...even with that I may be giddy. I mean, euphoria is a little hard to hide. Why can't I be more boring and stable?? Cause life would be too EASY then.....and boring is a key word.
I read in my children's cognition book that infants with higher intelligence are bored more quickly and the theory is that they so quickly can scan and encode meanings or similarities of their environment, that they like the novelty of new stimulation. SO THERE! I AM NOT UNSTABLE I AM JUST SMART.
Mr. Texas Rivers and I discussed that we really have it the best way....cause I miss him less when I am away and he misses me less when he is at home. But when he travels ---we are both miserable. I went to Washington, DC without him and had a blast. We'll see what I think of going up north in Feb cause I might be insecure in a new place that I am going to--and it might bring out my attachment insecurities. (anxious attachment and bowlby and ainsworth--google it).
It does seem that it might have been or would be better to go to the west coast---and I would so love seeing my family out there regularly!!! But I want to work with this guy who is sure to have great connections and be able to land me a position--maybe even here in Texas (I'm sure he could get me something up north, but who wants to live in a place like that for any length of time--horrors!)

Then my long time best buddy now renewed--C--is in my city with her son--D--and he is taking the town! Three call backs on some acting auditions. I am in prayer believing he will live there--then my 1st child will come up there--and C can come visit me frequently. What a great time we could have! And 1st born could find him a good woman. Oh MAN! It just occurred to me that if he finds one UP THERE--that her family will be there. Oh there's a conflict already. My little grandbabies far from Texas???? Well, God will be God and He can do as He pleases. I trust Him to get it all figured perfectly in the long run. And He's made things work out so good for us lately, that it is rare that we even question Him! But we all know how we get when things don't go our way......"Why God? Why?"
Not today. I am all about THANKS GOD THANKS!
and perhaps you can help me write this research paper instead of being all abuzz about grad school every minute of the day!
Texas Rivers

No comments: