Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We can learn from each other



Working on my research paper--the big one. The one that required so many corrections. Somehow, also, I am going to have to change how many words it takes me to get out one idea. Example: Reduce excess verbage. Yet, when I want to say something, I add all these other words. Bunches of them. I was writing a leadership paper earlier---on nonverbal communication for a class called Leadership Theory and Group Performance. My sentences are often passive. My subjects don't take action. When I wrote my personal statements for grad school, I had all these active verbs---so I just sounded like this action wiz! It was all true about me, every bit---but definitely sounded like more of a go-getter than I truly am. Yet, I am a BIT of a go getter. I am an intense person. I get bored in the middle.

So to learn from others, to explore, I hit the "next blog" button on my page. And each day there is some crazy person on the next page. I check out about three. And it has been interesting. At first I was scared--I mean, I don't want to run into anything shocking or upsetting. But it has been normal people in different parts of the world. Sometimes they are in other languages! and people have pictures of themselves right on their profile---(I haven't figured out how to put a photo of me on the top right part of the page, but that's probably good). But this one I read today. I am not sure what kind of person she is. Maybe foreign, maybe not. Then she says something about "good to be indigenous", but she goes to Indiana University. She eats a lot of different kinds of food and really waxed poetic about the meaning of life and love. It was something like......something in a bottle. like "life in a bottle" or something. She was definitely a drama person and I liked how she wrote. Very post-modern and in a cool way.

No comments: