Monday, February 13, 2006



My youngest had a hard weekend. I am praying for a smooth week at school. We travel away for vball to Nebraska next weekend and she's got a lot to deal with. The team is not doing well--it is not cohesive. The coach doesn't seem able to bring things together. He's favoring a player that doesn't merit such favor and it is causing division amonst the players. My guess is that since that player's mom is the team mom--and very vocal and opinionated--that she is somehow driving that because the player hopes to play college. But many of the girls hope to play college (not my daughter). So, it is either that or he is rewarding her for taking extra private lessons, doing extra personal training sessions and perhaps he feels that since she is trying so hard she should get court time. I say if someone is spending that much time working on their game and still playing crappy, maybe they should rethink their committment to the sport! Most players improve substantially with some extra time and effort--so why not this girl?

Anyway, I'm just praying the best for my youngest. She's overwhelmed with life sometimes and I wish I could make it easier for her somehow. I think she has it pretty easy, so there is no way to let up on her. She's got to keep her grades up and she finds that extremely challenging. We don't require much housework out of her at all. It just won't get any easier than this.

No comments: