Saturday, February 25, 2006

Laura headed to Dallas


Laura and her dad are headed to Dallas to see his parents and brother. She wants to go by the cemetery.
Brandon's Dad has learned that the place where Brandon fell from and the very place he landed are nearly exact to the places that another young man fell and died from --2 years ago. This mother has a court case coming before the supreme court (maybe the texas supreme court) and even with all that legal action, the park has not done anything --and two OTHER young people have died there too. 28 in all.
This does give the parents some action to take in order to help others and avoid future accidents. There are even picnic tables places BEYOND the safety perimeter and signs as you head to the place saying how beautiful the view is......so the park is making no effort to minimize exposure to the dangerous area where the rock crumbles away under pressure. We'll likely investigate the area ourselves at some point--it is sort of too soon for us right now.
I wanted to go with them to Dallas, but Laura is my priority and she came home last night when I was going to work on my papers that are due on Tuesday. Now I have to spend today (saturday) because I head north tomorrow after church and do not come home until a couple hours before my class when the papers are due. I only have today to finish three more papers, but I am halfway through one of them. There is some heavy reading to complete the other two. I should be able to get through that. If I have to, I'll write them on the plane---under the influence of dramamine!
Pray with me....
I pray that Laura is comforted today and that her love for Brandon comforts his parents and brother. I pray they are united in love today and that they feel supported and renewed. I pray they celebrate Brandon's life and use their energy that others may have life. I pray that those around them give them permission to grieve and mourn and that they permit themselves as well. I pray that they are easy on themselves, with low expectations on performance. I ask that helpful loving people are sent to them to provide in their time of need. I pray they would have comforting dreams of Brandon and are able to say goodbye. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: