Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Finished another paper

Oh God is good and I appreciate Him! I finished another paper. So I wanted to call Steve, but my cell phone doesn't have a good signal when I am at home. And then his doesn't have a good one when he is in his building. (I'll try landlines here in a moment).
So I like to imagine that SOMEONE anyone! checks my blog and reads this. You know, when you write in a diary or journal...you sort of write to yourself and it is not for anyone to see (however, you should always remember that someone may read it).....more for you to reflect on what is happening in life or to record things that happened or just to vent.
But a blog? How weird is it that we have this thing where you post a diary? And just sort of speak out to no one in particular? What a Godsend for extroverts or big talkers! Ha! I think it is ingenious. Thank you Web hosts out there.

Now I go to exercise. I went running with Kevin last night. I just went around once, which is 1.3 miles, but Kevin went three times. I should try to work up to two--I did it once but was so sore afterwards. Steve has hardly gone at all. He lost six pounds. I have lost none and I have definitely exercised for the WHOLE MONTH OF JANUARY and now into FEB! It takes about three months for me to see any improvement. I was eating light in the first two weeks of January, but that didn't last. I find it difficult. Once I heard from one of the schools out in California, I sort of was back to eating a lot. I don't actually eat much in terms of quanitity, but the stuff I eat is not good for me.----like fettucine alfredo--or brownies. Hot choclate, cookies, MILK (I love milk). Not too many fruits or veges, and I really like meat too.
But sugar and carbs, yumerroo. I have to exercise lifelong, but for the last couple years I have only exercised sporadically. If Kevin will keep this up, maybe I can lose about 20 pounds by running with him. Then when I move up North for grad school, I will be thinner and it won't be so bad when I gain some back.
If I actually lost all that weight, I'd have nothing to wear. so really, I probably only need to lose 15--and I think most stuff would still fit. I'm busting out of everything now (and suffocating when I wear a couple of suits). Just sort of pudgy everywhere.

Okay, if my Dad reads this, it might qualify as embarrassing myself. He told me that I was the one who had to be careful not to embarrass myself on here---but I only invited people that KNOW my weirdness and are comfortable with it. I left off bunches of people--even good friends. Cause you know.....!....some people can't deal with some stuff and want you all nicely packaged in a certain way that is safe for them. Well, I can play that game and love them all the way---so no problemo.

The Lord Reigns and I am so glad HE LOVES ME!
HE LOVES YOU!
God is good all the time in all ways!

No comments: