Sunday, February 05, 2006

Still Sunday

My blogger dashboard tells me that I've already logged in 32 posts! That is across maybe one week. I'm writing a group paper on non-verbal communication. I used NVET nonverbal expectancy theory---which basically means if you don't stay out of my personal bubble, I am going to be offended! ha ha.
I remember I was only about 15 when I learned about personal space on Phil Donahue's show. I told my friend Dawn (who had no bubble), "Look, get back. This space around me is my personal bubble!" and she had a hard time remembering it. If her leg touched mine when we sat together, I'd say, "HEY!" and point to her leg. Poor thing. She was so sweet. And she just loved me anyway. Obviously, she got me to the point of comfort. Thank goodness because then I had babies! You cannot tell babies about needing space. Basically you go without for about five years and then you long for chances to give them big hugs. I still really hug my children. They are such sweeties (well, maybe I'm just feeling good right now).
Back to my paper. Just thought I'd talk to myself. I suppose a blog is not a good substitute for prayer, but I generally don't discuss this stuff with God, I just assume He's watching it all and comprehending more than I can imagine---so I'm good with that. (Love to You, Jesus!)

No comments: