Tuesday, February 07, 2006



Wow! God is GOOD! HIS POWER AMAZES ME!! The awesome creation of the earth amazes me. Now I am a creationist and it gets me in trouble at school. Most of the time, it goes unnoticed, as I am not confrontational about it......but when we are discussing evolution--I am always involved in the topic --until we get to origins. I just don't see why all that we know about how we adapt over time or how animals adapt over time has to come down to the whole ape thing and 10 million years ago. There are some good scientific reasons for evolutionary theories, but not necessarily the origin ones. I studied it extensively for a time (as many of us have--and as evolutionist have too) and there are very good sound scientific reasons for both. It's just too bad we are so polarized on the issue.

It is true that evolution is taught in schools as positively true--and not as a theory. And now they have the intelligent design theory coming up, but evolutionist think it is just a way to put God in the schools. But don't evolutionists believe that the earth has intelligent design. The complexities don't cause them to wonder and marvel? Since a thing left to itself usually decays --what is it about the earth and people that would give it this regenerative power? And how do they explain all the supernatural kinds of things. Now, I do agree that plenty we may have called supernatural may be revealed as physical in origin (or just imagination), but nevertheless there does seem to be another world or plane or .......(can't think of the right word).

I shouldn't even discuss such things when I'm not informed--and I wouldn't, if this were a public forum, but it is my private blog. I have been informed, but it is not what I am currently accessing in my memory at this time! That file is unavailable.

Which reminds me of another thing. The mind as a computer. Oh I love the analogy. I think our mind is fantastic (hence, the psych degree). I wish I were more the type to get into the neurons and pathways because I find it fascinating. But when they actually go to study it, they do some little tiny direction and study that one thing for years--okay that would get old. But we are fearfully and wonderfully made, I am sure.

My children, just living with them and watching them grow has been an internal science project in itself. All mothers know the wonder when that baby is taken OUT OF YOUR OWN BODY and you marvel at the creature. And you want it. Desperately want it! and the feelings of protection that arise are intense. (and the worry that you might kill it with your stupidity!--that is intense too). And then this thing eats and sleeps and poops. But then it smiles. and it KNOWS you. And it LIKES YOU BEST. Now that is heady stuff! Then it has this whole personality that really does stay fairly stable.

And it was at that point that I began again to reach out for God. When I was 15, my Dad told me he didn't believe in God but felt that it was a crutch for people so they wouldn't be afraid in life. I'd always thought God existed unseen, but then I wasn't sure. But after I had baby 1, I thought, there is no way this is an accident. This is the awesome powerful thing in the universe (this baby creating power that ends with a human that grows to be a thinking adult). So I began to believe--but it took about three more years (and another baby! baby 2) before Jesus really revealed Himself to me.

And when I had child 3, I was able to enjoy God's part in the entire process and commune with Him over the wonder of it all. I was very very happy about that.

So now these three babies are very big now. 21,18,16. They are marvelous people, very interesting and extremely different from each other. Another thing that mothers can comment on. And it has been a long and interesting path. I mean, I've been a mom for 21 years, that's a long time even to an 80 year old who can appreciate the value of 20 years.

I don't suppose I've argued anything very analytically. I'm glad I did better on my GRE analytical when I had to make sure I had the opening paragraph that stated what my point was and three supporting points, then the three supporting points expanded to a paragraph and then a closing conclusion paragraph and have it all make sense. I think they asked me something about architecture and how it speaks of a culture --or if we can learn something from it? No...that may have been a practice question.

Then you have to analyze an argument. The argument they give may be a couple paragraphs that look like someone wrote the city council about why we should have more parks in the city and the arguments about why it would be good. Then you have to discuss the validity of the argment and the supporting statements. Show the holes in the arguments reasoning--good thing they teach you that at school! But it doesn't always help you to make a good argument because so much of what we think comes from our passions and our perspectives--and that leaves great holes in our reasoning that we can't see--but others can.

Grace and Peace to anyone who came to the Blog.

No comments: