Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long DAYS

http://www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf

Anyone reading this blog knows me.....and knows I don't do halloween. My dad sent me this link, though, and it is so cute!

You can carve a pumpkin.

that was fun for me because my decision to stop participating in halloween has meant that I don't do certain things.
.....but its not that I'm opposed to pumpkin carving, merely that I wouldn't display a carved pumpkin because that would show support for a day that is also the high holy day of satanic worshippers.
I strongly believe for any and every day....."This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."
and so I do rejoice on Oct 31, but I don't pass out candy or dress up or go to halloween parties and for many many years, neither did my children. This will be the first year they are all away from me, so it is up to them. Usually, we do some special family time stuff. Many times we have gone out of town.
We prefer not to be home when the kids come around (although they sure are cute!).

but I still like this cute link. You get to carve a pumpkin online! (in the privacy of your own home)

No comments: