Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rainy


All rainy and cold, which reminds me, gotta make a flight to S.A. instead of the usual A. Instead, Mr will have to drive a couple hours to pick me up. I'm going to check on it. AA has a supersaver fare that you can get this weekend to fly on Nov 7.

Mom comes tonight. Her flight is delayed, which works out great for me because I was going to have to leave extra early to avoid rush hour traffic and then just sit over there forever. Now I can go closer to arrival time. They have a cell phone waiting area here, which is great. You can sit there for up to two hours, as long as you stay in your car, and the passenger can call you when they touch down or have their luggage---then you go drive to the airport five minutes away and the passenger can be out there waiting for you--but just briefly---so then you don't have to do the loop around the airport if they haven't come out yet. Great idea!

and the weather is interesting here. So wet. A lot like Arkansas. Lots of rain there too. It's often dark here. but it hasn't bothered me yet.

I went to a party with women who are doctors, lawyers and live in the nicest suburb. They were discussing their preschoolers and their nannies. It was very socioculturally interesting as I never had a nanny---and they were so intense with some of the preschool stuff theywere discussing. Reminded me of homeschool mom's passion when discussing public schooling.

One of the women is a pediatrician and she's playing in a pub downtown (the big city downtown) on Nov 7. Too cool! I would go except I hope to get back to town. And my friend wasn't going to be able to make it----and so I don't think I'd go downtown to a pub by myself. But I might be able to get a couple of the cohort to go with me and make it a night of fellowship. I'd really like to see a woman pediatrician playing in a band onstage......very austin.

At the party, we were switching clothes. It was a party where you bring the best of what you haven't worn in a year. They loved my stuff! So that was gratifying. I could have brought mountains of stuff---but I had a garage sale and sent the rest of it away.

Mom and I will be tight in this small place. I've got to study for econ. She likes to go to eat and go shopping, but we also get to go to the museum to see king tut stuff on Saturday. I am not too big on king tut, but I've seen it before and it is beautiful! I liked the russian tsar stuff I saw in Houston. I missed the napoleon stuff in memphis--darn. that would have been cool.
and I saw the shroud of turin. not too impressed though.
oh well.

I like to go to the armadillo bazaar at christmas! This year I might actually buy some art.

my place is a wreck. but I did my stats and econ. early and I'm doing good homework wise.
starting to feel normal.

Blessings to everyone---PARTICULARLY MY FAVE J!

No comments: