Thursday, October 12, 2006

OMGOSH!!!! SNOW-----really


I looked out my window just a bit ago.

There was bits of dust flying in the air.
wait!
wait!
It was snow!
WOW! Snow in October.
who'd have known!?!

(well, me .....since I read the Tribune which said it would be cold this week)

The weather report says it is 32---feels like 22---and that there are snow flurries.


And so it begins.
today I walk to the campus in the bitter cold.
This is arctic for the southerners like me, after all, born in Florida, raised in California, living in deep south then becoming a Texan.
Shoot,....not much experience with cold.

Except maybe summertime trips to Montana and going up to Glacier National Park.
and that is hardly REAL cold.
the sun is out, the snow is like a snow cone (hence the name SNOW cone---duh)

but I'm excited.
everyone here ----locals----are saying, "oh man, its gonna be cold" and I think, hey! let's enjoy it! It hasn't been cold yet.
They look at me dully (can you say dully? not sure. how about "with half lidded eyes")--
you won't be talking like that for long.

:-)
That's okay!
I get sunny when I can because I'm riding the rollercoaster of life.
UP and down UP and down
and sometimes DOWN is really scary!
(I never throw my hands up, but rather grip the safety bar with all my strength and begin praying).


So I'll enjoy the snow today. I'll see if I manage to capture it photographically, but I've got a busy day, so I'm not sure I can.
Blessings all around.
snowy snowy cold.
Brrrrr.
How nice!
Less sweat maybe? I can hope

No comments: