Thursday, July 27, 2006

Busy Day

Had a busy day already, enough for a full day! I got up at 6am and had some prayer time before I got Mr up with his coffee. Got ready and took my son to the notary so he could register for classes at our home address. He is thinking of moving out----and my mom will be glad because she wants his bathroom! He's got a bathroom in his room and the way it is now, she'll be sharing with the girls, except that L will be up at school and not home too much.

Then went over to have coffee and breakfast with D, D, and J. Great time! We were supposed to bring wedding pictures and a good book to discuss (book report), but I had forgotten since the notary took longer than expected and I didn't have time to return home---and I didn't know about the book. I know what book I'll discuss when they come to my house next week (so we can have some prayer time). ...."Praying the Attributes of God" .....I really should have bought that for my party gift because I always wish I could buy it for everyone. It didn't occur to me, though.

And yesterday I got my bathroom clean while listening to www.celebrationchurchtx.com (the "media" section has sermons you can download and listen to for free) and then today I got out my old Joyce Meyers cassette tape series, Pressing Toward the Upward Call (or is it Higher Call???). I was listening to those four tapes to encourage myself in the Lord back about 10 years ago or so. Maybe a little less. But things were sure different then. But the message is still so relevant to me and I was blessed.

So I am filled up with sermons! But it keeps my mind focused on "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" or even better............"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"....instead of....oh, i will be all by myself, i've never been by myself, what if i get sick, what if? what if? what if?---------HARDLY Godly thinking.

God is increasing my faith and preparing me to depend on Him. To be a light and a witness, (in the name of Jesus).
and it is SO interesting not praying to Him all the time for this or that such as......PLEASE HELP ME WRITE THIS PAPER GOD, PLEASE HELP ME WRITE THIS PAPER GOD, PLEASE HELP ME WRITE THIS PAPER GOD.
And when I had prayer requests at group, "That God would help me write this paper"....always paper writing.

and I'm praying different things right now and trying to clarify what my requests are. I know I do not have to be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petitition--I will present my requests to God and the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

AND I WAS SO BLESSED TO RUN INTO MY FRIEND AGAIN TODAY!
so we went to starbucks and sat for a while and I blab blab blabed and enjoyed it IMMENSELY.
(Thanks Friend!)
and I know she's going to send me her blog, so I'm sending a shout out to her now----
HEY! (I LOVE JESUS!) and you too!

and at lunch I was out shopping (finally, since I wanted to go on Monday, but was sick--On Tuesday evening, but that headache came back, on wednesday--but I spent all day trying to avoid cleaning my bathroom but determined to make sure I did it) and then Mr was headed home from his training class, so I headed home to see him---since soon I will not see so much of him. sniff sniff.

I am going to take care of my mom, who says she won't need much help, but I want to be there to be sure. Which reminds me that I should remind my brother and sister to send a card. Mom does not check my blog, so no biggy. (remember that from the 70s? or was it early 80s?)

My friend up North is finishing her thesis and she goes to defend it on August 11. I'm in prayer for her success. Woo hoo!

My youngest has these hilarious cartoons from some site, I'm going to get on her computer and add one.
God is good all the time in all ways. I am glad He is so faithful. I will praise Him among the nations and praise Him among the peoples. Rejoice with me!
(wow, it is great to be headache free)

No comments: