Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rats!

Tried to post some of the furniture I bought yesterday.
A soho mirror from bombay for me and Mr bought some wall lamps for the tv room. I also bought two linen shower curtains. I'm not sure if I'll ask mum to place the black around the edges like in Brazil, but we'll likely discuss it eventually. I also pre-paid on a table that will be in next week. It was a great compromise between the Vendome series from Crate and Barrel (the table is already DISCONTINUED but the desk was still available and in fact there is one for 600 instead of 900 down at the new outlet) and the Target 99 table that I keep looking at. I just didn't want to buy from target. pretty dumb of me, I know. I've been there a million times looking at stuff and I've poured over the website.
But Bombay has nearly Target prices but more assurance that it won't come to me damaged. The comments on Target's site really make me nervous.
So those pictures will be coming later.

I am meeting a friend for coffee this morning. ....and I'm actually going to drink coffee. I've figured out I like it when I put it over ice. Just like when Coke is not yet chilled....over the ice.

L is not doing well and so I am praying for her (I suppose I pray for her no matter what!) but she has a hoarse voice and went to school yesterday to take her microeconomic final, then her friend is here staying with her before she goes to Italy (after she came back from Spain) and they went shopping all afternoon and then out late last night. L didn't want to go shopping at all, but she did want to go out to see friends. She said it is making her so much happier as a person.

But today she works 11 hours! I told her to tell them, NO! It is illegal to work more than 8 hours. and you get a one hour break for lunch. She doesn't have to do it. I told her to be firm with them, but I understand that she doesn't want to.
but if she keeps getting run down, she could get sick like she was in the fall. It took MONTHS to get her well because she wouldn't take care of herself and wasn't getting enough sleep. I'm so thankful she was fully recovered when B died!! Because then she could barely eat for a couple of weeks and lost about 15 pounds or more since she couldn't sleep either.
So likely we can't make her work in the fall---which had been my plan. But she's just had this ONE class and then her job--about 30 + hours a week. and it has run her down. She's enjoyed the part where she doesn't think so much and she's enjoyed the money, but she is TIRED.
and she cannot tell her friends no.

I have sat in the kitchen listening to her tell them she can't go somewhere, going on and on about how she was serious, she was really tired and couldn't go---and they just push and push (the male friends usually) and the female friends whine. Probably, though, they know that they need to get her out since she was grieving---yet she really DOES need the sleep this time and they don't know it.
I'm sure it will all work out, but it is hard to watch and I don't want her to compromise her schoolwork in the fall.

She has another job coming up, so we may tell her to go ahead and quit this one since the hours are so long.

off to get ready,

No comments: