Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wednesday


When he was 3....





I'm on my daughters computer, so I went to her Photo file folder to check for photos to put on here. This is her brother, now 22.

My how he has changed!

and this just makes me forget all the things I was thinking before getting on here.....

......but I was going to suggest going to Paul Kopeikin Gallery to view photographic art. I was reading MSN news because my daughters computer opens up to msn.com and I often get distracted and start by surfing a few of the articles. There is a set by Jill Greenburg which has gotten people in an uproar because she made children cry in order to take their picture and she said she was making a political statement, but some people are just calling her mean.

I saw the pictures and they aren't particularly good, in my opinion. ...And that is disappointing.
Take a look and you can decide for yourself. No, I don't think children should be exploited in that way. But then how many times have I harrassed my children and family for a picture---and some of my friends who find it horrifying---yet I call it love ....because I want an image of them that lasts which I can refer to over time in order to capture the time we were together forever.

Last night I did not take any pictures. I don't know why I have not gotten into the groove! I had three couples over, but one husband did not make it. We served them marinated flank steak, twice baked potatoes (organic), green beans and carrots (organic). We had some wines here because we never drink them, but my daughter S said that two bottles would not be enough (oh great! What makes her think of that!?!) and so Mr sent me to buy two bottles. Kendel Jackson Chardoney and Cabernet (I probably spelled all of that wrong---not my area of expertise for sure). Then we had personal lemon merigue pies that my youngest made, strawberry shortcake (everyone had some of both desserts!), and even some store-bought brownie bites in case any choclate lovers felt deprived. My beginning appetizers were dumb, so I won't mention them.

I brought out the crystal glasses (a water and a wine, I also have champagne flutes which I never ever use), and the silverware----how funny I can actually SAY silverware instead of flatware! It was real silver---that was nice! And then I washed and ironed the placemats and napkins (starched them). It was all so fun. My youngest and I worked all day beginning around 8 am. We actually had fun. I could not have done it all without her. She vacuumed everything, dusted everything thoroughly, cleaned the downstairs powder bath, made the pies, went with me to Central Market (like a whole foods) to buy some fine sugar, wheat rolls and such (OH!! FORGOT TO MENTION WHEAT ROLLS).
Then, when she got home near midnight, she walked right in and started cleaning up!!! My friends were still there. I appreciated that! There are still dishes everywhere because we left them. I had everyone come into the family room where we could talk and then I had them pray for me and Mr. It was really a great evening of fun and fellowship. It was good to see one of my good friends that I have not seen since March. Time flies.

Tonight I go to the new church to attend a "pre-meeting" for the retreat that I go to on the 21st and 22nd. I am taking my friend J with me. Mr offered to pay for another to attend with me! So I think I can get her to go. She might not want to, though, but she said she'd go to this pre-meeting. Then another friend would love to go, but she could not attend tonight. Oh well. It will all work out.

The retreat is on the same day as my dinner cruise party. But it should end about 3 or 4 and the party does not start until 7 or 8. Which reminds me that I said I'd send out official invitations! Gotta get on that! But I tend to work towards one thing at a time better than working all things at once (but of course I have to do that too)---so it has been the garage sale that I've spent all my time working towards and then I started working on the idea for last night's party as well.
Now that is past and today I have to put in the notice for the garage sale. Whew! It is a ton of work. I hope people come out and find treasures at a low low price and take them home to love.

My computer is down. It is horrid. I cannot get on my email. God knows how many people are sure I've received their email and are awaiting my reply. Yet I think everyone knows I am good at replying, so perhaps they'll think to call---but it is always an iffy proposition if anyone attempts to reach me by phone. But lately I have actually ANSWERED the phone (because I am home and I am never working on a paper) AND I have WATCHED TV. Two things that are very uncommon for me.

I may have mentioned it before----I like the show "House" which is a medical show about a doctor who takes difficult cases. I watched Monk, which was okay, and I want to watch the show "Psychic" about a guy who is not really a psychic but rather good at deduction and so he pretends he is psychic.
One thing I noticed is that there is a lot of "breaking into people's homes" on TV these days. That was not a regular theme in the past. Doctors and other respectable people going to people's house's and snooping. Doesn't bode well for the culture!

Well, Mr. is up. He's pulled a muscle in his neck and is still in excruciating pain at times. He was lifting weights and hurt himself somehow, but he aggravates it by laying in bed a certain way--which happened this morning. He was actually talking about going to a doctor, but what can they do? Still, maybe I am wrong and he needs to go. We'll see.

More later! Wish I could read email!

No comments: