Saturday, July 15, 2006

Garage Sale





















OKAY, it is over! and I had two people who came and hauled some off for me at the end. Man, was I ready to let that stuff GO!
Hannah and Abby were lifesavers. I am on my second set of drenched clothing since 5am.

Once I went to get the change out of my pockey, opened my hand, and there was a grasshopper.
He immediately hopped up and I screamed and threw my money on Hannah (she was laughing later so I guess I didn't wound her--yikes). The the grasshopper jumped up again and we both screamed, it was just so darn STARTLING! whew! so then we laughed.
How DID that dang thing get in there?

At the end, I had all books 25 cents (that sold a bunch), all the clothes 50 cents (wow, one lady got some SERIOUS bargains when she picked some of my good clothes), and a whole bag of the cheaper ones for 5 dollars.

I am so hot.
drenched.
it is like the heat is bursting from within.

S started to help this morning, then people arrived and she was out of there. L was awakened at noon to go pick up signs with S (who was going to do the dirty work!) and even then she was embarrassed to do it. S had to leave one sign. she was at a major intersection (at taco bell) and tried to pull it out. She tried wiggling. She tried REALLY wiggling. Then she tried to pull it from the bottom. Nothing. So she nonchalantly walked back to the car. Mr came to the rescue. Guess it needed a man's touch. Thanks to S for the effort!

We sold colas---coke, water, sprite, sunkist, and diet pepsi. I was selling them at 1.00 until one woman said, "wait, that's too high." I said, "I know but I was selling them for .50 and my husband said they cost more than that." She said, "Do the math. They cost about 3.00 and there are 12. That's about 25 cents each." I said, "Well, darn, you are right. Good for you for talking to someone about it, I just couldn't think this morning and raised it to a dollar. Okay, 50 cents." She paid it. and I kept it at 50 cents, which helped since one sign said 1.00 and another sign said, 50 % off everything.

One lady told me I had the best signs of the day. I'll try to take a photo of them, but don't hold your breath.

I was getting a little huffy at Steve today because he was just loafing around this morning and really not helping. But I had gotten him up at 6, so I knew he was tired. I had prayed that we'd be good to each other, so I was guessing that meant ME.
BUT NOW----he is out there working HIS buns off putting things away. I tried to get it all together but HE has to haul it all off. I guess we each have our giftings. I am good at the starting and set up and he is good at the clean up.

Great to be part of a winning team!

Hooray! We made plenty of money, I am very pleased---and that is without selling the couch or dining table as we planned. That money helps go for all the costs and furniture I have put on the credit card! I'm thankful to have found a way to give a little something BACK!

No comments: