Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jehovah Shammah


Actually, I cannot remember what shammah is, but I was trying to remember the name for God is Peace. It might be Shammah.

Jehovah Tsidkinu-God My Righteousness, Jehovah Raphe--God My Healer, Jehovah Jireh--God My Provider, Jehovah Nissi--God My Banner (referring to how we are in His Army and He leads, we are under His name, He protects us, fights for us).
One of my favorites is El Roi. Hagar called God, "El Roi" the God Who Sees" when He rescued her after she'd been sent out from Sarah for having given birth to Ishamael obediently (but then acted as though she were elevated above her mistress and Sarah was jealous). God even cared for her, God gives good gifts to the evil and the good. He does not only care for those who care for Him, and we are to do likewise. Easy enough spoken.....but walked out? Takes a God walk.

No comments: