Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pictures


Interesting to me---I can't think of pictures that convey some of my feeling. So what am I feeling? Who knows? I've forgotten my morning dream---wait....I was at a concert? Putting water bottles in my purse--they were going to be taken.
Another scene--I was responsible for an accident somehow. Maybe my truck was sitting in the middle of a large intersection side street and some people hit it. They were looking for the one who was responsible. Even though I worked for an insurance company--or was at one, anyway, I was hiding in the hall near the bathroom hoping no one would find me--although the office lady knew I was there. Someone did find me and I had to answer for that truck, but I didn't really know anything and didn't really know how I was responsible since I hadn't done anything, but you have to be accountable anyway, so I stepped up to it. Weird dreams, as usual. Yesterday I had some very long dream passages that were still clear to me even over an hour past waking, although I had not spent time reviewing them. I told Mr all about them. I'm so glad he listens to such nonsense. It is a real world for me. I experience this other world all night long and wake to the world of continuity. When the real world gets bad for me (which it is not at the moment at all) I enjoy escaping to my fake world where you never know what will happen---that is particularly fun if life is in a dull era.

I got up and read the paper. It wasn't as interesting today as it can be. But there was a good article on end times. The three religions preparing for the end of the world. Of note--a jewish priest type guy working on the rebuilding of the temple told the reporter that when the temple was built, "Islam is over."
from the article---
However, when asked to comment on the fate on non-christians upon the Second Coming of Jesus, he said, "That's a very embarrassing question. What can I tell you? That's a very terrible Christian idea. What kind of religion is it that expects another religion will be destroyed?"

He doesn't seem to mind Islam ending.

There was another article on Singapore having a biotech research park where serious equipment and funding encourage companies and individuals to work on cutting edge discoveries.
Another about Americans who do not take their vacations (that would be Mr---although he actually takes vacations, but it is difficult for him unless it is combined with work).
There was a little article about Lake Pflugerville--which is SUCH a joke---hardly an enjoyable nature retreat! They really talked it up in the article, but I for one am embarrassed to see what represents our little community. Ouch!

Not really any good sales to run after. I guess I am still vacillating about the furniture. Mr suggested using his desk (huge), our formal dining (also huge), and then I was going to take two matching velvet/chenille type chairs with an ottoman---but they are out of my bedroom and in the TV room and the children have already done more to them in a brief time (six months?) than the six years they've been here.
So I may want new ones.

Still unsure about lamps. Maybe I should get mom's lamps. I was asking her about one, but she didn't know which ones I meant, so I'll draw them.

and I think I should go back to the target table for the desk.
maybe we'll store Mr.'s desk if it is too big to stay here or something.

I've got all my books in my room and they all fit in my two big bookcases. I've got them all sorted by type---Hooray!

I am going to go jog on the treadmill before I go to church this morning. K is going to try the new church.

CANNOT BELIEVE I AM THE MOTHER OF A 22 YEAR OLD!!!

His birthday went well, Mr took him and two friends golfing then we went to dinner at a burger place--all of us family and the two friends---then the boys played video games Xbox360 until it was time for Superman movie--Mr took them all. (girls and I went to mall briefly). Then the young guys (all over 21) went out together until about 2am when K was locked out and so Mr had to get up and let him in.

Today we'll go to PF Changs after church because S and I were counting on PF yesterday but the guys didn't want to go to a nice place when they were stinky from golf. Mr showered, of course, but the guys stayed in their same clothes (can you say "Yuck!" with me?).

L has to go to work, so she cannot go to church. I still haven't gotten to go to church with all of us in so long! I thought it would be today because K said he could go today---but then L had to work.
Oh well!

S has to read Sidhartha for school and I FINALLY remembered to make her sit down and do it.
She got through 12 pages. She's going to have to take her medicine in order to read it. I won't make her take it today because we're going to PF Chang's and the meds make her not hungry. So tomorrow I will wake her, make her take it and then see how much she can read. She figured out that she can read 12 pages a day and she can read it within so many days. I at least made her write out what she read about in those 12 pages. She said, "Gosh Mom! You are going to make me HATE it!!" I said, "Sarah, you are going to hate it anyway, but I'm going to help you REMEMBER it!" She later said she did want to remember what she read, so she went back to the first pages and started from the beginning because she had forgotten the part she read last month. Good job! I was pleased with that attitude.

off to exercise!

No comments: