Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Post migraine fatigue and a world picture in the wrong place



ok

This is what I needed yesterday. You can buy this on www.skymall.com . I need a head and neck massage when I get those horrid migraines. I can be thankful, though, that this was a two day one. They are usually three.

Still, I am so worn out from them! It was obnoxious! .........I watched some of Aviator last night, about Howard Hughes. My head got to hurting, though, so I quit in the middle, but in the first part, he was making his movie, "Hells Angels" and he needed some clouds. Waited for clouds.

well, today there were the nicest puffiest clouds! and as I drove back from Christa's house, I just was thankful for them. I was tired. I had a fun time taking her daughter to see the movie "Cars" and I cried. I really wanted to take her to the children's museum, but if my headache came back, it could have been ugly.

.....which reminds me how my father laughed when we moved to Louisiana in 1976....I was at the orientation for new students and the lady was explaining how you had to live in the district to go to that school. She was a tall, very skinny lady in a bright read pants suit. Her face was very wrinkled and her hair, while typical fifty year old short do--may have also been dyed sort of reddish, but it may have been dark-not sure. But she was pointing her long bony finger with the deep red polish and she was moving that mouth with the garish red lipstick and she was saying, "Now, I don't wanna be ugly!" ....meaning that she didn't want to have to get RUDE.....but my dad found great humor in this ugly lady saying such a phrase in all seriousness......and I did too.

Anyway, I am tired. Have I said that already? I am so tired! And I came home to get some things in the mail (like thank you notes), Senior portraits ordered for sarah, I've got to get a vision appt, and dang it, I've lost my To-Do list which was about 10 items long or worse. So ANOTHER day will go by and I've done NOTHING again.

but hey, if you are having a break, you are having a break. But with the days counting down, I am beginning to feel them in my body. Ten, nine, eight, seven......oh this whole thing takes so much FAITH. and I have it on most days and I will continue to march forward in TRUST.....but I have definitely come to the time when I keep hoping God will say, "STAY" .......and even then could I trust myself not to manufacture such a word from God just to make my life easy?

I want to be BRAVE and I want to ignore fear. I do not think you should live a life running from anything you fear. If I did not follow this path, I know there is not other directions I truly want to go. But I am ready to go any direction God chooses.

When I was at the women's retreat, I heard this:

"My sheep hear my voice and you are mine."

"Do you trust me?" (yes) "Do you trust me?" (yes) "Do you trust me?" (yes)

Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every nation, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you and lo, I am with you always."

OK. So I know that Chicago is NOT all the world. I know that it is NOT my mission but part of my preparation. Further than that, I cannot be sure. I only know that God said, "Graduate school will be good for you" (I got that word in Jan 2004) when I was trying to go to China and God said, "Not in this next year" and wouldn't you know? I had two or three invitations! None of them understood why I said no. I was FRUSTRATED, too!


ha ha ha

I stuck that world picture on here and it was supposed to go right HERE!!!!!!!!!!! but it went back up to the top.

How silly does THAT look?

I'll leave it to people to just get puzzled.

:-)

No comments: