Monday, July 31, 2006

Still far from home

Weary. I've done a lot but there is so much to do. I don't feel like I can talk much about it, for her sake. At this point, the plan is for her to get two of those PODS (portable storage things). That way, I will not have to come back on a plane, load and drive a rental truck home, and then help her unload at both a storage and my house. She'll have two rooms in my house and it wouldn't even hold a fraction of all she's got here. She's lived in this house for about 18 years. It has about 9 rooms, two full baths, and there are maybe 6 closets. Every single room was packed with stuff. Every closet crammed full and bursting. She's having a very hard time distinguishing between what she needs and what is still useful. There are thousands of useful items, but very few she needs. Naturally, I don't assume that I am the holder of wisdom in this area, because each of us values various objects differently. I want to throw out most of the house, but I recognize that she deserves the right to choose what she will do with the objects she has chosen to collect, store, save, cherish, or whatever catagory the object may fall under. It is such a huge reminder to me that I must always keep the clutter out of the house. It clutters up the mind.....I want to continually make room for the possible while treasuring memoriabilia as defined by me. I think my thing would have to be pictures most of all. They capture a person or a time in a way that can bring back memories so clearly. I came across some family photos that I hadn't really seen. I really do not remember ever seeing my parents wedding album, it was so cute! 1956......but they are not still married. I think they were married 26 years......separated in the spring of 82 maybe and divorced in June of 83---the month after I married. They married in november and separated in the spring, so that is about 26 and a half years. We've only been married 23 years and I really want to get past that 27th year happily----and then on to the 30th, 40th, 50th, until Jesus comes back or death takes us home to Him. I wish we could die at the same time, but likely we won't. ....................on a different note--I'm so tired. I still did not get done all that I wanted to accomplish here. I still have to prepare my own trip. Still have to get my own house in order, still have to get L to her school. Still have to get K moved out (he's working on that now), still have to get S into school...........................L and S may go to see Nicole. It's in the planning stage and I hope it works out. They have welcomed her, but we'll see how they are treated when they go. S was trying to work it out to have two friends to come with her on the long drive, but it will be easier if it is L. ....................thinking about Cindy and praying that all is well, that God has blessed her abundantly far beyond all that she can ask or imagine. That she's able to prepare for moving back to the state she left a year ago---but coming triumphantly to her new job!!! Hooray! Blessings out to any reader....I hope this wasn't too scattered. It will be nice to be home soon. Tomorrow night.......ahhhhhhhh..................... :-)

No comments: