Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Blisters



www.vonhoff.typepad.com

Okay, so I complained about blisters to many of you. (did I post on the blog about it?) but my dad sent me a site for athlete's, like runners or hikers, and it is all about foot stuff.

I thought my feet were bad, but okay, I'm feeling like a happy pansy! I am still walking and yesterday I did not even get ONE blister after walking around campus. I wore my black comfort kind of shoes, so those will be a mainstay.

I had gotten blisters on my side heel from pumps, then another one on the back of one foot and the tops of one foot's toes--also from pumps, but sort of comfort pumps (kenneth cole reaction pumps). Both those shoes have lasted all day at conferences in the past with no adverse effects. Then I even got blisters from a comfort hiking sort of shoe! One on a big toe pad and the other on the big toe but between the toe pad and the foot pad.

Those have all healed and I wore some black fave boots that have a bit of a heel but a chunky heel, so it is not wobbly or anything. They are the equivalent of wearing flats, but I'm a bit taller. They have a waffle sole and wide flat square toe box and a short part up the ankle, a bit lower than mid calf. (well, maybe they ARE midcalf, I don't know).

and it is almost midnight and all I really did today was go to the grocery store, go to my friend and cohort D's house (she lives in a fancy neighborhood and the houses were gorgeous. I crossed this little bridge and there was a marina right there! Nice! I will have to go take a picture of that.) and then I finished the certification for working with human subjects. It was hours and hours and hours long! I thought I might die, but here I am typing. I made 88% in the end. Boo Hoo, a B! I was so close.

I get to interview a subject on SATURDAY! WOW I am so excited. I probably wrote this already. So I have to review the protocol. Very exciting, I'll say. (which reminds me of martin short in some movie).

God is good all the time. I'm so blessed! Got to talk to my hubby, daughter, son, and mom online today! I sat watching over them as they ate dinner while I studied the modules and took the quizzes for certification. That is pretty cool.

Got to see the animals (manimals in baby talk) and sweet kitties are so precious! Even motz.

blessings and honor and glory and power to Jesus. It is too cool that Jesus is here in the North. Oh and it was SUCH a beautiful day! I committed it to memory!

No comments: