Tuesday, September 12, 2006

THANKS FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers! SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went through my email (can you believe I had over 1000 in the spam folder!
I am so thankful for Norton anti-spam)

It is good to hear from you......let me know what is going on in YOUR daily life, too! I have nearly gotten my apartment all together. I've got most of the stuff on the wall. I have way too
LITTLE cabinet space, but more wall space than I expected! I could have brought a dresser
and so I will likely get one eventually.

My walls are fairly bare, but I am not too big on wall stuff.

School was great yesterday, I overdressed. I went to lunch with a friend and we walked, I was wearing heels. They are some that I can usually walk all day in, however, I am not used to the pedestrian life.
So we walked a minimum of one mile round trip, maybe more (felt like around 3 miles to this novice) and I went home with blisters.
but we had a GREAT lunch of Tapas.
we had chicken on a skewer and shrimp on a skewer and some grilled vegetables. We talked about life and husbands, etc. Went back to the graduate fair where we learned about the different services and groups available.

It was a hard drive to get here.

We drove to Sulfur Springs TX on the first day and then stopped in Little Rock, AR the next day around noon to pack up some things mom had left for me. A wood screen that had just been stored in a back corner was covered with dust. I had to work to get some of it off before we stuck it in the truck. Then we headed onto to Champagne, IL.
So we drove about 12 hours that second day starting at 8am and ending around 11pm but with a couple of stops, especially the 2 hour stop in Little Rock where we ate and cleaned up the stuff we were loading and then Mr dried his clothes in the dryer, he was soaked.

Little Lilykins made the trip so well. I was so worried about having her in hotels. I am sure that is against the law or something. I prayed that no one with allergies would end up in the room we had her in. She would meow in the early mornings and she kept trying to lay on the bed with us and by my head. That isn't normal for her, but she was on drugs.

She really tolerated the whole thing well. She would not use the litter box, even at night in the hotel. And on the third day she was scratching in the box, I was unsure what to do---it was dark out and I hated to just pull over. But then I did. It was too late, she had wet all over the place in the box. BUT it was an old towel and then newspaper under that. I just took those out and I put in a new towel I had there precisely for that purpose.
But she was very upset. As if it upset her that she lost control or something. Because although it was completely clean (it had not wet all the way through the last layer of newspaper), she still remained on the one side that had not been soiled at all and she pressed herself up against the door and stayed there.
Poor kitty. It was not her fault!

And she's been really happy here. She didn't like me vacuuming today. Not one bit.
But we've bought her a cat box with a hood over it and she's using it.

She likes to sleep in the bedroom at night when we come in here. I set her up a sweatshirt on my computer chair and she very contentely stays there all night.

We found a great chinese place already. We had take-out last night.
we found the regular grocery store (there is a whole foods within about a mile of me)
and there is a CVS fairly close.

About everything I need is within a 2 mile walk. People walk everywhere here.

My apartment is really clean!
I do NOT like having to walk all the way down the hall, down the elevator, across the huge parking garage underneath the building and then drive out-------just to do anything!
Quite different from home where you just walk into the garage and get in the car!!!!!!

Everything is so public here.

My BP is good. The meds bug me. They make my head tingle. I hate new meds.
I know they are slowing my metabolism, too, but what can I do? I have to take them. That high
BP was such a shocker!
but the doctors and nurses and techs were so nice. That was probably the most pleasant hospital experience I've ever had. I was not uncomfortable (except when I had to get that gown on! UGH!!!!) and they did the IV butterfly type thingy in my arm instead of the back of my hand. It was not painful or anything.
The doctor was very respectful of me as a person.

They wanted me to wait a day to leave, but I only waited most of the next day. To drive that far or to miss the movers appointment----THAT was WAY too stressful. So I chose rightly. and all is well.

And Mr is being so nice! (he usually is anyway) but I suspect that one of the good outcomes of that BP scare is just to keep him so kind. He normally would be so irritable during this kind of thing and would expect me to tolerate him (and I would because he is helping me and doing hard work and I appreciate it). Instead, he's been very mindful of whatever I needed and not stressing me unnecessarily. With so much happening, there is no way to get "no stress", but we have done good with "less stress" and minimizing the relational spats.

not that we are pollyanna about how difficult this will be and we're not pretending peace. We're working things out and learning new things and finding new ways to cope. It's all good. It will be hard. So far so good, though, and I know we'll continue to put forth a lot of effort for each other.

Hey, tonight House is on.
K set us up so we can stream our home TV to this place here. So Mr watched the UT game the other day. and I was glad to have some time to work undisturbed as I tried to figure out where stuff needed to go.

thanks K! You are awesome! I don't think we are ever going to find the boundary to your skills. They are ever increasing and always impressive!

Love to all, keep those prayers coming! They have been so very effective.
Try praying hard for headache relief! Body calm!
(but please keep up the prayers for peace and trust. That's where I'm at and I want to stay here with the Lord, carried by Him and blessed).

No comments: