Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Getting settled

Tuesday---been here since Saturday and just now beginning to be close to settled. There is so much to do in a move! I haven't really moved much in the last several years. Moving from DustyLeather to Vanderbilt was hardly a move. Other than electricity and such, everything remained the same.

First things first, though. I dreamt that Cheryl called. In my dream, it was a Sunday. Cheryl was saying (very nice, sweet, and genuine sounding) that she had talked to her mom and she wanted the girls (my girls, L and S) to come stay with them for Christmas. That they had talked it all over, implying she knew it would make N want to see us more but that she was okay with it. Then she said she was on her way and would be there later to see us. It was Sunday late morning.

I am not sure if I was going to be there in the dream. In real life I have mentioned sending her a letter suggesting she come visit while I am not there. I know I was worried about how the house looked. L told me their house is decorated to the hilt. My Vanderbilt house is the first one that has ever come close to decorated and then this little apartment is a work in progress, but I am still rather simple when it comes to decoration. What I call clean and simple, others call boring and plain. Oh well. I have to live here. but I also am so willing to make do without decoration. So it leads to lack of impressiveness---just not one of my goals!

I think I am bugging Mr. with the typing. I am still stuck on a DESKTOP (the horror) and will have to work on this for a bit.
It is cold here. I've got to get more athletic type comfort warm clothes. That will be my main off-work clothing.
I had orientation. I went to lunch about a half mile away with a friend who is my age and in my program---I got a blister later in the day. Small price to pay for a great lunch!

more about all that later today.
and I will download my email==oh dread---and start working on that MAYBE.

No comments: