Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey!


I hated to hear about the crockster heading out of this world, but he was sure a fun one! and he died doing what he loved----his daughter will lose him profoundly whereas his wife is cognizant of the risks he took and blessed that.
He died at the top of his career anyway and I think that is more fun than going at the end of a long and weary illness.

And I find it odd that I was sad for this man, but I honestly enjoyed his personality! It was a blessing to me! He did not live under fear.

And it is time for me to be bold, brave, adventurous and exhuberant! Crikey!

I'm packing up some of the last things and meditating on the love of God. I continue to know that God empowers me to do great things as I serve others and I hope that my life will continue long enough to bear fruit.
It seems to me that the investment in schooling reduces my effective ministry to others, somewhat as I am not available to carry others burdens and lighten their load. I can pray for others and that DOES lighten the load of believers, no doubt! But my practical service seems fairly non-existent to me.
While I do not believe in works whatsoever, the fact remains that works are a fruit of faith. You can examine yourself to see if you are in the faith by reviewing your actions.
Actions are love, love is action. Love in the heart is not worth much if it is not expressed (except to God who sees all and profoundly values the love in our hearts as we cherish Him).
I feel that many of my actions are selfish.

but I am thankful for Mother Theresa. The epitome of charity in our times, she made sure she took care of herself in order to give fully to others. There must be food and rest for the one who cares for the poor.
Well, I suppose I go WAY OVER just food and rest! and the more money we make, the better ways we find to spend it----and NOT including the poor.

As I begin to make some money, I will again have some measure of influence over our finances. Not that I do not have influence now....I could do whatever I chose to do....and yet I refrain at times and wait upon my partner to give. I yeild to his choices while he manages the checkbook and accounts.

but when I am out of school, I hope to return to managing our household more fully and I know I will resume support of those ministries on my heart, specifically Pastor Roy Jacobs who runs an orphanage in India and does a good work with the jungle inhabitants, the blind and the widows there. It is only $2000 to build a church in the jungle.


and I keep meaning to buy a lunch, say...at Wendy's....and then hand it to the homeless around here---but I always forget!
I've meant to bring food in the car.
but even when I have had it with me, I get embarrassed to give it.
how weird is that?
and since we're not giving regularly to the salvation army anymore, I feel more responsible to help. Jesus said we would always have the poor with us, therefore we will, but He desires that we are good to the sick and poor.

I hope to work for the salvation army up north. There is one close by! I definitely want to help in the soup kitchen. We'll see if I actually DO it.
What good is it to TALK about the good we will do? Yet that is all it comes to. Talk.

No comments: