Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Sept 3


Tomorrow I turn 41. Right now I am SO TIRED! The fatigue and anxiety of the move are a physical reality in my body. Presently, my mind is still good. Sometimes, though, I have that feeling like "I need a break!"....K was feeling this as he awaits word about his job opportunity. I reminded him to really relax when he had the chance. Take a deep breath and relax.
So I am taking my own advice.
I have a sort of an overwhelmed feeling, but I know to keep moving forward in spite of it. God provides the grace, I can choose to believe and receive it or I can lay on the floor and whine and nothing will get done. Easy decision today.

I'm going to bring all the stuff down from an upstairs room and stack it in the dining to prepare for loading the truck on Tuesday.
I just remembered that I was considering having friends over.
I'll have to think that through.

I have had such a nice time SEEING PEOPLE and I know I'll see people up north, but not THESE people.
and I do just fine when we only get together every few months, so it should not be any big deal, but it feels like these relationships could slip away across five years and I do not want to let it happen. Sometimes it happens anyway.
In this busy society where we commute across town to do anything---it is difficult to arrange meeting together.
and sometimes I hear the quote, "If you are too busy than you are TOO busy" as if everyone should have time for whatever the speaker thinks you ought to do----but it is not true.

I am SO OFTEN very very very busy making sure I am NOT too busy by guarding my time at home. Thus, I am too busy for everyone else, but my home life is peaceful and loving. That is how I try to run my home.
Now my baby girl will truly have a mother who is too busy. and I am grieved.

Today at lunch we mentioned how she'd need to be in by midnight. She realized we would both be gone for more than a week. She wondered how she'd get help doing all the homecoming stuff.
But mom will be here.

My friend Julie is coming over with her husband and children.
I better go prepare a bit more. Maybe I'll have some pictures to put on here!

No comments: