Wednesday, September 27, 2006

major mood tornado


Doing econ problems and they are hard. They are not hard if you are up on Economics at the moment, so I feel dumb for even saying it.
and I know I remember how to do this somewhere in my brain, but this is no intro class. You are supposed to already know economics.

After all, I have a college degree, right? and I did take micro-economics and enjoyed it----and actually made an A!
but it sure seems hard to believe.

I'm discouraged, though. I am feeling less optimistic. To think I have YEARS of this stuff ahead of me!
yet, I don't want to go home and work at some dumb job.

I want to TEACH.
I want to make a difference.

So I pray for persistance, diligence, stability. Good sleep and a head that feels good and thinks well, with attentional strengths (I pray against headaches and discouragement, in the name of Jesus) and I focus on my future goals and my wonderful husband and my great children and all that God wants to do in us and through us as we fix our eyes on Him.

Trying to figure out what rent controls do to the market, price supports.....

Wait. Here are some pitfalls in decision making. Avoid these:
1. Ignoring implicit costs
2. Failing to ignore sunk costs
3. Measuring costs and benefits as proportions rather than absolute dollar amounts (I cannot convince Mr on this one! drives me nuts)
4.Failure to understand the average-marginal distinction (I'm not as good at this one myself)

Okay, those were the easy ones.
It's the equations that get me.
more on that later.....

No comments: