Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Migraine and Blood Pressure


My blood pressure was 218 over 143. CRAZY MAN!

I would not even have known because my blood pressure monitor was already packed up.
However, I got a migraine. I never go to the doctor for migraines....I usually just lay down and use it as an opportunity for forced rest. Today I decided to go to the doctor for it and we found the astronomical numbers.

I was able to go off blood pressure medication over the summer by lowering salt intake but I have been having a great time with salty foods lately! (and upping my caffeine, oops). I intended to start back on BP meds when I started class, but I see that I should have started them up sooner.

Anyway, I really thank God that He showed us this problem. It is a very severe blood pressure, but there was no stroke, no damage to my brain, heart or kidneys. They gave me a CAT scan, blood tests (kidney) and an EKG. All very good. (In fact, the doctor said I had a very good brain. I like that!)

So it is back to low salt and various other things along with medication.

thank you so much for those I alerted by email to pray. I was blessed by your responses and phone calls and offers to help.

I appreciate you!

No comments: