Sunday, July 04, 2010

2nd post on July 3rd

Blog July 3 SECOND ONE

I have a terrible neck ache. It’s pouring down rain. I feel I should go add more photos onto the web. I will have given all my good ones and no one will want to see any presentations. It’s five pm here. I was hoping for the sun to charge my Kenyan phone because it has a little solar panel on the back. Rain doesn’t charge it.
Titus came to make a statement at the police, but none of our guys were there. He’s going to write a statement and give it tomorrow at 8 or 9. Then I will get picked up at 10am by Joseph to go preach at Isongo, which is Boneface’s church. I spoke at their home group, but it was more like preaching than Bible study. I think they’d rather more scriptures---so I’ll have tons of scriptures tomorrow. Boneface likes when you give a certain scripture and preach from that or when you have several--but he likes them listed. People here won’t take notes unless you mention, Romans 8:28. I say scripture all the time, but without the address. I have memorized them without the address because MAN made the address and I get tempted to be prideful because I know so much --or I have trouble memorizing the address and so I focus on just the words, instead. Even on some scriptures---just the idea. Because I read several versions. Turns out I left my NASB in the TGD office so I’ve got the Gideons Bible here in the hotel in KJV and then I was reading a bible of Titus’ which was NKJV. My memorized version is NIV and the Bible I’m reading at home is ESV. That’s why the words get jumbled in my head. But mostly, if I am reading to memorize, I stick with the NIV now. But I really enjoy reading in different versions so I don’t zone out. It’s the most important stuff in the universe! I don’t want to zone out.
I’m thinking about taking Jackson to church tomorrow to practice speaking and to work on lowering his voice. It will be tough. He’ll also be thrilled. He’s so thankful about TGD he choked up seriously when I was talking to him. He’s on cloud 9 and rising. I know the feeling. Even one time, it had to seem crazy to them. I was telling them how important it is that they learn to fail! I was telling them I wanted them to step out! and I was committing to them that I hoped and prayed that we would be the kind of people who would support them when they failed and I started crying because I meant it and I meant it deeply. Geesh. I’m glad I am getting good at containing myself. The feelings I go through here are so deep and big, but I over did it on my last trip and it made my stomach sick (not the bad sickness, just a nervous sickness) and so really have moderated my mood. But there i was talking about committing to them-and cried. It had to prove the depth of my feelings for them. I am so serious about them, like my own children. Seriously. I’m bringing them into my heart. Like the orphans. I am spreading out my tent stakes and broadening my territory because God gives us a GREAT love...not just enough for our inner circle but He makes the inner circle expand so far. and now these here are in my heart and I’ll always be concerned for them.

No comments: