Saturday, July 03, 2010

Saturday in the lobby of Golf Hotel

it's 1:30 and I started at 10:30. So it took three hours, but I have ONE video posted to YouTube.

www.youtube.com/user/stephanietexasrivers

it's the latest upload. It is orphan named Cynthia who is 12. Came down with malaria the night after we did a video interview at her school. By Sunday she was weak and crying with diarrhea and fever, burning up. I was supposed to preach at Sony's church, but I left them to take her to the doctor. She's so cute and precious. She's the one who gets sent to get money from men so her grandmother can drink. She's asked pastors Joseph and Steve to please help her. What can they do? they see horrible thing constantly. Death everywhere. SEVEN PEOPLE getting buried today. Yesterday, I THOUGHT we had the first day no one died. At least, I hadn't heard of it. I didn't ask Titus because I was thinking, Hey! No one died! He is doing four funerals today. People he knows.

wow, it is actually ON THERE!

a muzungo actually spoke to me just now. she wanted me to watch her computer while she ran outside. I am not good at talking to strangers. but there are several white people here. I always think...what are YOU doing here? do you belong?

ha ha! as if I BELONG! but i FEEL like I do belong. I feel like I am a Kenyan.
in the name of Jesus.
but talking to the english speaking students every day--my luhya and swahili are suffering.

No comments: