Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Scroll for pictures -- i have mostly text but there are plenty of pictures interspersed througout

Here is a speech I gave at Elijah Musungu's funeral. Titus wrote it out for me and I practiced my pronounciation.

Jina langu ni Stephanie Rivers
Abahiele bosi nende abasakhulu nende abana bosi melembe muno.
Bwana Asifiwe,
Yesu ni Bwana na mwokozi wangu.
Ninapenda Yesu.
Nimetoka America kuja matanga ya mzee Elijah. Yeye ni mtu mzuri sana.
Pole kwa family yake, pole kwa mama Risper.
Nyasaye abalinde mwezi, murio muno.
mimi ni dada yenu kwa jina la Yesu.
Kama haumjui Yesu umupokee leo ndani ya moyo wako.

It was a very large funeral. I don't know how many were there, but many local Bishops and pastors and area leaders were there. Many families and the extended family and people coming from Nairobi. It was a weeklong ceremony culminating in a day long affair.

No comments: