Thursday, July 01, 2010

Joseph's story in his words....

Joseph’s Story


JESUS PREPARES LEADERS FOR THE FUTURE

Jesus not only sends out His twelve disciples to serve but He reminds them that He intents to reproduce His own leadership in them. As part the preparation process He instructs them on what is coming.

One night before Sunday 27th June 2010, I had a voice in a dream being given instruction about identity and credentials regarding my duties and my spiritual role in the ministry. We had a joint service at our Cornerstone Church headquarter which was contacted by our Bishop Titus Khamala and a guest speaker from Nigeria.

My role in the is to take care of orphans and widows so I had to transport them to the Church headquarter since the day was also special to them.After the Church service,the Nigerian Apostle had a word with the orphans and even anointed them. Mama Stephanie provided lunch for them and by 5 P.M. I was ready to take them back to their homes.

On our way it started raining heavily and the road was almost impassable. At some point we got stuck in muddy and swampy area where roads were severely damaged due to heavy rains. We stayed stack for several hours and looking at my watch I realized that it was 9:24 P.M. I kept hoping that the Lord would send His angels to take charge. Out of the blues a drunkard man passed by and when he saw our truck he quickly identified it as Bishop Titus truck and he said to us “I know you’re Cornerstone family I can’t leave you here to suffer in the cold”. Since the man was from that village he decided to go knocking on his neighbors’ doors to wake up and help pull us out.

The villagers finally managed to pull us out and we opted to use another road that was not so muddy. After several miles of drive we ran out of gas. It was at 1A.M. I grabbed my cell phone and called Bishop Titus but could not immediately find him. I called my wife and told her to find a way to get the word to Bishop Titus. My wife too could not make a call to Bishop Titus and so she called Pastor Stanley, one of the pastors at Cornerstone who went to Bishop’s house and delivered the word. Bishop gave him money to buy gas and have it delivered to us.

Pastor Stanley was riding a motorbike and on his way his motorbike run out of gas, so he too got stuck.As I was waiting for Stanley,two men on a motorbike came by and offered to use their bike to the nearest gas station and buy gas for us. in the meantime Bishop called asking if pastor Stanley had found us since it was running late to 3:00 A.M. Bishop asked me to pray. While praying the two men who had gone for gas called me and said the gas station would be opened at 5:00 A.M

They opted to wait until the gas station opens so that they can just make one trip to where we were. Finally we got the gas and dropped orphans. On our way back we found Pastor Stanley still stuck and assisted him by carrying him on the truck.

What God can do no man can do and His ways are not our ways.After two days I received a call from one of the drunkard men saying he had given his life to Jesus.

No comments: