Friday, July 02, 2010

interviewing Eunice about Noel

I am praying the video makes it to the blog. It is my first video to post. and I'm trying to do it from Kenya, which is a challenge. When I think of the challenges people face here and there excellent attitudes, I just praise God. I've been able to grow in Jesus by prospering--although it is my lowest times that taught me the most. You know. I am not sure i can be patient. Maybe I need you to wait until I get home and put it all on youtube! even that will take forever. but i'm here trying to seriously post my experiences hoping it will capture your attention and move your heart to send TGD a check! We employ so many people here and plan to employ so many more. You know, when I was at the police station, one of the younger men asked me about what I was doing. He was surprised that I was employing locals. He was thankful. So many times Americans want to come in and do their own building project, bring their own nurses. and the locals are just dying for a job. But no, we Americans (I know because I am one!) we tend to think we need to do it. Hence, Stephanie in nursing school (living my 10,000th life long dream) when I can just come here and employ nurses.
and its fine. I can still be so helpful. I am here teaching my TGD students health education. I'm teaching them about the brain, psychology, body language, how to spot liars, I'm teaching them different cultural rules.

You know. I'm falling asleep. the video is taking too long. I'll try again tomorrow. Even now, the blog keeps losing connection. So I better try later.

No comments: