Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things to take next time

I really loved Bare Minerals Matte foundation. an absolute BOON for sweaty faces in Kenya--me. I will bring FRESH BATH from REI--Adventure Medical Kits Fresh Bath Wipes with .1% Benzalkonium chloride. Wow--keeps the stink off! Fresh! seriously! They only come in packs of 8, but you can cut them into fourths and so you can get 32 days out of one package, but the luxury of using a whole 8x10 wipe is amazing. I had two packs. They lasted me the whole trip because I often used Dial Antibacterial soap (white) and a basin of water --even bottled water when I needed it. and the FEET need soaking on some days due to dust. Really makes me think about Jesus washing disciples feet. Feet get gross. I soaked mine and then would use a pocket knife to scrape off the scum and dead skin and under the toenails. kind of interesting experience.
macaroni and cheese. easy to cook there. and ovaltine. I will bring ovaltine. probably bisquick. milk is easy to get, and coke, and bread. rice and pasta are there. chicken is there. Conditioner is needed although they now have some very strong smelling (perfume) Herbal Essence conditioner. Deodorant/anti-perspirant is great. Walmart had SURE and it really worked in the heat. I took too many clothes that i didn't like--and therefore did not wear. you have to bring your favorites. I still wore my big dresses that were like tents but they are good for the villages where the women do not wear pants ever.

No comments: