Friday, July 02, 2010

Noel, Emmanuel and Benjamin

Here are three little orphan children. Believe me, there are thousands. But I cannot help thousands. I will not let what I can't do, stop me from doing what I can do.
But the truth is that it will be a miracle if I can build and maintain an orphan home. HOWEVER, I serve a great God and here I am willing and able to do some crazy thing on the other side of the world and be insanely happy about it. How does God do that? What makes me happy to brave the cockroaches, the tummy disturbances, THE HEAT, and the cultural mistakes I make daily. Jesus. The answer is Jesus. Everything is Yes and Amen in Jesus.
I was speaking with a student today. They just praise me and praise me. Does it affect me? No. and that is the Lord. When I was younger, I would have wanted this kind of praise. But I've learned from Jesus coming into Jerusalem. The same people that praise you will shout crucify.....it is no measure of you. Our judgment comes from the Lord. and the Lord is able to make us stand before Him during the judgment through Jesus Christ.
Honestly, I am already coming to love these children with a relational love. I have loved them from the beginning with a God love that is not my own. But I can't meet their needs yet. I am staying focused on the computer lab and the hospital. But today God has already proved that He will move mountains to meet these needs. it is coming through Anita. Some people that know Anita. They saw her facebook and they are sending 2500 to build the orphanage. Hallelujah! God has shown Himself to care for these little ones who are forgotten by many. (and again I say there are so many more.)
i have to stop to say something.
there are people who were giving to Titus, but when they learned that I was here doing a work in the community, they stopped giving to him. I am horrified. If they could COME HERE and see how gigantic the need is...they would never be mistaken about the importance of their giving. Someone was sending him monthly giving and stopped. it really makes me want to fall down and cry. it is so horrible here with death all around and so many petty thieves that you can hardly keep anything. someone came into the compound last night and stole the kale planted for the preschool children! JESUS! Restore the food to the children! many of those children come from very destitute homes. It is terrible to see the condition of some of them. Oh it could be worse. I hear it is worse in Burundi. well, I'm thankful I am not called to Burundi because I can barely stand some of the suffering and stories here.
Anyway, I know the Lord will provide, but it takes people and there has been very little giving. I can only tell you about the need. and friends, I know you are tired of hearing me, but praise God that some of you listen and give. Praise God. He is glorified. Because why would a person want to give money to someone they don't even know who can't even thank them. only God can make a person want to do that. Only God can make a person want to give. On our own, we won't give. on our own, we only take care of our family and our friends. Through God we not only take care of friends, but He can enable us to take care of enemies! so i know He will move on hearts to give.
I pray the hospital gets financial support. Once again, God is moving through Anita mightily. She has a friend who is gathering medical supplies so quickly that they are overflowing her house. We are going to have to figure out a way to get them to me so we can ship them. And then we will need shipping funds AGAIN. and so I will ask for them again.
But we have the students working towards programming. God will provide programming contracts and they will learn to operate on an international scale.They will make the money for their community. They are so eager, so excited. they are so diligent. they work so hard. I pray they are able to come up to speed when the time comes. I've encouraged them to work on
character. Character is key. You need integrity. They are focused on Jesus and praying daily. They pray for us and it is so precious to hear. They call us mom and dad. Dad Steve and Mama Stephanie. I am pouring everything I know into them and loving them and training them. They will be ready. Our team here has been excellent at teaching them and Steve will polish them and they will shine for Jesus and their community! It is so exciting!
AFter Steve comes and when I'm home, I'll post more about them as individuals. The one who wrote me the good email and I had it posted was Jackson. Jackson comes from a family of 14 children. He is very poor. You would not know it. He bears himself well and he is such a good hearted young man. He is tall (that tends to work in people's favor) and I am teaching him to lower his voice because it is a bit high for a man and he speaks too quietly and with an airy voice. It's a good way to speak for being a man of God in Kenya. it doesn't work for being a business man in India or England or something.
so I'm working with them to lower their voices, raise up their heads, speak loudly and be bold. so many people will criticize you for being bold. Let them live their little lives and bless them and forgive them! Someone is always around to criticize, but what does God say?
I am so thankful that God has taught me to listen to HIM. When I was young, anything someone said could sway me one way or the other. Seriously. But I know what I'm doing here. I know why. I know that I am not to think small and I am not to be afraid. Jesus constantly says to me, "Don't be afraid, only believe." and it has become almost natural to me lately to have no fear. It is so wonderful to be free from fear. (those cockroaches set me back. and it has given folks a good laugh since cockroaches are just a fact of life to them and they can't imagine my silly fear.)

OH my back is starting to hurt. and my neck. and I should go to bed. but i'm so happy to get photos on here. I will post one more orphan before sleeping. How I love these little precious ones. How I love my computer students! How I love my TGD team! How I love my Cornerstone Family! How I love it here. but i miss steve and can't wait until he comes next week. and I can't wait until jesus comes! I praise Him that He is working through me and I marvel at it. How amazing. Stupid wimpy weak me actually doing great things in God--oh how I have loved Him all along and this makes it all the sweeter.

No comments: