Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday again in the lobby of the Golf

okay, i've had a nap. It was a crazy dream (pretty common for me.) I was coming into the domestic airport in Nairobi and needed to switch to international, but realized I had left my baggage--which would need to be picked up and then rechecked. But as I was coming out (still going the wrong direction) someone, two people, tried to assault me. But I realized it and turned and BIT this man on his arm so hard he was thrown off. In the scuffle, the authorities came. Next thing I am in a room. Interrogation. I am answering everything and trying hard to show I am honest (which is what I had to do several times with people who wanted me to pay them for labor or supplies yesterday.) These two officers weren't buying my story AND they were muzungu. What are muzungu police doing in Kenya. Didn't make sense. So I told them I would cooperate fully with the whole investigation but if they asked me to do anything even remotely dishonest, I would not do it. I didn't care if they shot me.
What is so funny about that is that I have been telling my students not to obey authority that tells you anything contrary to the will of God. Make sure you are obeying God (who always leads us to obey authority when they are right.)
I'm still a bit groggy from waking, so I thought I'd share.
Oh I love my students. They are so precious. The girls are lagging so far behind the boys in ability to be confident--even acting confident. I am asking you to pray. Their names are Dorcas, Christabel, Judith, and Agnes. Dorcas is a top programmer. Please pray all of them grow in their skills. But they also really need the ability to know how to prioritize time (it is laughable that I am teaching such a thing, but we all live on African time here and I sure know how to prioritize on that time table.)
I love this place!
Cindy's Dad wrote me to remember how steve has missed me and that I can go back. yes, I intend to go back in 6 weeks with Steve. and I'll stay 30 days each time. That way, I am never gone as long as this. He is having trouble sleeping. I thank him so much for letting me go! for years i had no vision for how I would ever go anywhere because he hated even to let me go see family for four days! but now he is so generous. God has strengthened him. I am thankful. and I have been strengthened, too! because he used to help me so much and be such a support that I really leaned on him for day to day things. Now I've just grown past that so much that it seems a wonder I was ever such a baby. but it was because he spoiled me so terribly that i was ruined! he used to massage my feet every day and rub my neck until I didn't think I could even go a week without my feet rubbed. Now that's a joke, right!?! but in the early years, I did everything and took care of everything and so for many years he wanted to do more than ever needed just to show me how much he appreciated me. Well, I understand and appreciate him now, too, and we work well as a team. But it has taken hard work, commitment and loving Jesus. Over 27 years. that is crazy.
my food is here.

you know, when my students say, OK, or actually, or "so", I correct them. you blog readers know I am always guilty of this! or if you read my emails! but i do know how to keep all of that out of my speeches. honest.
I love all of you. I love everyone. I love Jesus! Love is just spilling out. I can't wait to see Steve. It will be such rest and peace to be together.

No comments: