Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ophans

I am really blessed and excited to have ONLY BELIEVE MINISTRIES behind our orphan sponsorship program. They have successfully built orphanages in India and provided sponsor support for four years. Cindy is working with me to profile the children.
Here in Texas, I have four people who have confirmed sponsorship and four who have indicated serious interest. One strategy for support is for each child to have 2 sponsors of $25 a month. If we could get all our children double sponsored, we'd have $1000 a month to support them. It is around $6000 a year to send them all to school. It is an achieveable goal.

I can build a house for maybe $15,000 and they can sleep on foam mattresses that can be put away in the day. We can have house staff for about $30 a month each. Depending on the TGD facility progress, we can begin building an orphanage in October. I'd like to plant a garden but I know nothing about gardens.

The children will be blessed. They are hopeful that someone would sponsor them. It meant so much to them just to get profiled. As if they were chosen already. So I pray every child is chosen (twice!) and then school fees should be able to come out of monthly support. I will find out the time table for tuition. Many children in grades under Class 8 do not always pay their fees, do not have books, do not have food for lunch, are not able to take exams. That may happen to our children at first, but with faithful sponsorship, all fees can be paid eventually. I know some of the children do not always go to school if they are kept home to help with little children (I think Dianah had a problem with that.) Others are not expected to take care of other children in the home (Jane, Vivian, and Lillian's grandmother does not push childcare onto the girls but does it herself.)

Pray, friends. Pray for these children. God has all provision for them somewhere. and I know it is coming if we thank God in advance for what HE is going to do.

No comments: