Thursday, July 01, 2010

old notes posting much later....

Stephanie Rivers
Trinity Global Development
June 3, 2010
TGD Board meeting
Our desire is to see the body of Christ prosper. Steve opens the meeting and explains what we are going to do. He has a power point. Sarah, Steve and I sit together. Anita and Pastor Steve sit together. Titus, Walter, and Frank sit together. We are sharing power point.
Steve describes his motives. The Lord spoke to him about the body of Christ. His brothers and sisters struggling. Our mission statement registered with the U.S. government and the Kenyan government. It is a 501c3 and an NGO. These are the operating parameters.
Henry joined us as we were talking about accounting. Over time we will add more board members.
My battery was so low, I stopped recording.

I spent the night with a very sore throat. When I napped in the afternoon, the pain returned. We had our TGD meeting with Pastor Steve there and Henry. We forgot to mention the missing payments to the widows in March. We will give another payment somehow to the widows.
I want to buy Mary a dress. Jane and Vivian need to go to the doctor. The little orphan girl at the preschool has not come because she is sick. Paul did not come today because he was sick. I need to get them to the doctor. Jane needs a dress.
I want to go ahead and get a house built for these children and get them into my care. I had only minimal interest in the orphans though. Right now I can only think of eight people who are interested in sponsoring orphans and that is only at $25 a month! That is no way to run an orphanage. I may just have to take care of them all myself--through Steve.
There are several problems with having them in the homes. They just don’t get prioritized at all. They don’t always get to go to school. I know several of them: Paul, Ben, Benjamin, Emmanuel, Mary, Morphine, Shaline, Brendah, Jane, Vivian, and Lillian. I want them to live with me. There are 19 in total. That is so many children! and schooling for each one is about 180-250 dollars. There will be medical bills. There will be clothing needs. There will be daily food for a house of 20+.
I do love these children. I have had Mary, Morphine, Shaline, and Brendah on my heart this whole time since January. The weight of it. So heavy. and I feel so helpless. so many needs. But 19 is not that many! God has called us to care for the orphans. I want to help them. I want to see if Violet can come be a house mom--or someone like that. Someone who can come and work in the house when I am gone. The three pastors will oversee the administration. I feel they are men who are very trustworthy. Joseph has even worked for these children with no funding. We bought him the motorcycle and he used it to serve his pastorate more fully. He began to organize education for those orphans in his church.
Today Steve bought a motorcycle for Walter and for Frank. They will be instrumental in getting TGD Services up and running. With TGD Services, the people here will work as contract programmers. Their profit will fun the TGD clinic and computer lab. We are concerned about electricity costs, but the center will be like no other in Kenya. Even the premiere university program was nothing compared to the languages they are learning here. TGD Services is going to be amazing and the hospital--even with used equipment--is going to be a wonder to see. Doctors will come from around here to rent our equipment and treat their patients at our facility. They just don’t have things we take for granted.
Today Doug got a chance to talk to the children at the school during the TGD meeting. He took some excellent pictures. Oh I love these children! I let Doug and Sarah pass out cookies today. Steve did candy yesterday. We have another three days worth of cookies and another day of candy. Plus, we are going to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches one day, have chicken on another day, and maybe hard boiled eggs another day. We want to see some protein here. We can add a day of beans and rice. I will be staying a while, so we want to do more than just pass out cookies. We bought them a soccer ball and some badminton rackets. I wish I could find baby dolls that are black. Ladies--please sew some beautiful rag dolls for these precious children!

No comments: