Sunday, March 26, 2006

Apartments

Oh boy. Went looking at apartments today. Actually, since it was Sunday, we only got to go in ONE. But we were almost in another one, but they guy went into the city and someone else looked at it and locked it when they left.
I am going to have to lower my expectations. I really wanted a cute pottery barn style one bedroom or something. Instead, it reminded me of the roachy place I moved in after getting married. YUK!
But there is this cute one which is like a big castle and it has this swiss element like my childhood home in California. Together it makes for a fav for me and Steve. They allow pets, it is in walking distance to my school building--say 5 blocks or 1/2 mile total! It has parking and it is right by the train line. So, I think I'm going to go there. But I'll still look at everything tomorrow.
I appreciated the realtors who showed me around, Carmen and Melissa. They were great. Melissa is the wife of an MBA student, she has her own MBA from Georgetown University. Cool. Wow. It is funny how I am so impressed with such things. I am not one to be easily impressed. I am so egalitarian, but I see I must be an intellectual snob at heart because I just swoon at the smart people! (well, not exactly, but I do not get that excited about movie stars, nor presidents, nor any kind of famous person, but I am SO impressed when someone comes from a good college! How weird is THAT?? Oh, I like when people are jewish, too)

No comments: