Sunday, March 19, 2006

Denver Colorado

We had some rain last night and the city brought out the snow plows and set them on the street. Hopefully, we will not get snowed in today. Our plane doesn't leave until tomorrow.

The team did fantastic. We won every game yesterday and made it into the gold/silver bracket. We played against a very very strong team and they beat us. That put us in the 17 to 32 spot with 16 other teams. There are around 130+ teams playing here, so that is a high rank. It will help us tremendously when they place us in the playing schedules at the Lone Star Tournament (they say, ....when they seed our pool play).

We only had one setter and she was injured. She went off the court and my S had to play as the setter because she was the only one on the court who could do it. She did a GREAT JOB!!! I was so proud of her!!! Our setter was determined to get back in the game and sure enough, came back to bring us to victory. It is a great feather in her cap as she was the only setter in this whole tournament because our other one was home with the flu. After that injury, my S and another girl had to play certain rotations so that there was always one of them on the court unless the setter had to pull out. That made for less play time, but it was for a strategic reason, so S kept a good attitude. The 8 girls here get along great and everyone had a really fun time.

We went out to eat with two other moms and the coach. We (steve and i) ate at the parents table and all the girls together at the Aquarium in Denver.

Now it is the last day and we'll see how they manage this altitude after three days. They've all been great. It's been fun. My migraine did not return---I started back on my blood pressure pills just to be sure.

We've had a great time walking back and forth from the hotel to the convention center. It is only about 2 miles---which I normally would not walk. But the buses that run along the 16th street mall are so slow, that when we are waiting for them, I want to walk. We end up beating the buses. There are about 15 blocks? and then about four blocks---however far that is. It is not too bad and takes around 25 minutes walking fast. I've really enjoyed that. We walk back and forth a few times a day. It has really helped me enjoy the tournament. Plus, I've gotten 2 ten minute massages at the convention center.

Laura is doing alright at home. I think it has been rough without us there! But she is learning her way and we are proud of her. Her friends are keeping an eye on her and taking her out. One friend is taking her to church today.

I wish I was going to church today. I'll be sure and have church in my heart.

No comments: