Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Little Northern City

I am home and need to do schoolwork, which I am avoiding. It is always there anyway and somehow I get it all done. I am about to publish the survey to the web so that friends and family can take the survey for me. I am supposed to try to control the group somehow, so I am not sure how I will do that. I am not to use just a convenience sample, but I don't know how I would get other participants. I've got to complete this if I want to graduate, however, so I will spend a good deal of time thinking about it.....soon.

The picture below is one of the apartments that did not have any units to show. I was going to sign with them, but if they can't even show me one, then I figured it is better not to. There was plenty of undergraduate type pedestrian traffic going on all around the area and plenty of females walking all over the place by themselves--I thought it a good sign. I am just not used to seeing many pedestrians unless they are walking their dogs, babies, or jogging. They don't really ever seem to be going anywhere--just leisure. I don't walk anywhere myself.

This apartment complex would have had some odd place to do laundry---and plenty of undergrads to fight with for a turn. And the parking was out in the back alley. Being old, it might have been roachy, but it definitely had a certain charm I found appealing.
However, I am completely taken with the place I chose. For nearly a similar price, I get an underground heated garage and my own washer/dryer in unit. It is only a couple more blocks further from my building and is populated with professionals and maybe 20% graduate students. So I came home with mission accomplished and I feel very good about it. There won't be any safety worries there. It's very nice. Huge differences in quality and price there. Some average places were WAY overpriced and some okay places were very reasonable (but far away). There were trade-offs for each option.
The one I chose has little personality and is not as close as the Castle Tower one and is more expensive, but again---is new, with adults, underground garage, and washer/dryer. I love it!

No comments: